Thread: Grip Reduction on G48/43X?

Grip Reduction on G48/43X?

A friend's wife has such small hands that even on the 48, her fingers just barely wrap around the front strap. She's a competent shooter and a workout enthusiast, so she can make most pistols work, but not well. My friend asked me to ask here for recommendations for slimline grip reductions.

Many thanks in advance.

There's companies that can melt/shave off material.

Maybe a different gun? The 365 series has a shorter reach

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    A friend's wife has such small hands that even on the 48, her fingers just barely wrap around the front strap. She's a competent shooter and a workout enthusiast, so she can make most pistols work, but not well. My friend asked me to ask here for recommendations for slimline grip reductions.

Many thanks in advance.
    Question for you, are her hands so small that they don’t reach around the grip or that the reach to the trigger is too long?

The two are kind of related but might have slightly different solutions.

For example a Kahr PM9 has similar grip dimensions to a P365 / G43 but the trigger break is MUCH closer to the grip.

For her it might be a combination of grip reduction and trying to find a trigger combination that works for her.

Sometimes flat faced triggers can also bring the break point closer to the grip as well.

I can take some measurements if that helps.

I don't believe it's a trigger reach issue, mainly that anything larger than her G42 is a two hands gun and my friend wants her to have a bedside/field pistol in 9mm with a WML that she can run well with one hand. He also switched to the 43x/48MOS for his goto pistols so they'd have commonality of mags.

I was scanned Boresight Solutions site without finding anything. I've seen many stippled Slimlines, but I don't believe I've seen a single Slimline reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I don't believe it's a trigger reach issue, mainly that anything larger than her G42 is a two hands gun and my friend wants her to have a bedside/field pistol in 9mm with a WML that she can run well with one hand. He also switched to the 43x/48MOS for his goto pistols so they'd have commonality of mags.

I was scanned Boresight Solutions site without finding anything. I've seen many stippled Slimlines, but I don't believe I've seen a single Slimline reduction.
    I think if you build the 48/43X using the Bore Sight Solutions Duty Series builder, you can select 2 different levels of grip reduction.

Here’s a level 2 reduction on a 48.

Name:  FA8C07F6-7247-4C83-A260-54538E01A5CA.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  55.3 KB

I've done a few....

Speedwell added

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I have a G34 Combat Master from TTI that has a grip reduction. It is awesome. Normally, the G17/45/34 grip is a tiny bit too large for my hands. Their grip reduction fixed that.

You may want to check into them - not sure if they do the G48 model. They pair it with their stippling. You'd have to call them to see what they say about the G48, as that option is not listed on their website.

I am very pleased with their stippling too.

I know this sounds like a silly answer, but... the easy button for a 43x/48 reduction is a 43 frame. Lose a few rounds of capacity but keep a factory production frame. Add a TLR-6 and it’s a bedside 9mm.... same little light would work on a G42 as well if she already runs that competently.

Those 43x/48 reductions above look slick too.
    Last edited by jandbj; 12-29-2021 at 01:02 PM.

User Tag List