Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACCPD SPO Buddy Christian EOW 03/22/2011

ACCPD SPO Buddy Christian EOW 03/22/2011

SPO Christian was killed in the line of duty today responding to an officer down after SPO Tony Howard was shot by a carjacking/kidnapping suspect. SPO Howard is in critical condition after emergency surgery but is expected to recover.

The suspect is a convicted felon released in 2009 after serving 11 years in prison for armed robbery. His family is "known for violence" by the local PD. His brother was killed by an ACCPD officer in 2001 after pointing a firearm at an officer during an altercation. His other brothers and father have had their own run-ins with the law.

The suspect is still at large. He has been spotted several times already. Officers are combing the area on the ground, with K9s, and from the air. Neighboring agencies are assisting as are state and federal authorities.

Please pray for the families of the wounded/killed officers. Please pray for those still out looking for the suspect. Please pray for our community. A lot of folks will be sleeping with one eye open tonight. The boys in blue won't be sleeping at all. God bless them.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20791-se...ddy)-christian

Senior Police Officer Elmer (Buddy) Christian
    Athens-Clarke County Police Department
    Georgia
    End of Watch: Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: Not available
    Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Tuesday, March 22, 2011
    Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
    Suspect Info: At large

Senior Police Officer Elmer Christian was shot and killed while responding to a carjacking incident where another officer had been shot and wounded. The other officer was shot after performing a traffic stop where the suspect exited the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing on foot.

Officer Christian had just responded to the area when he encountered the suspect, who shot Officer Christian while he was still in his patrol vehicle.

Senior Police Officer Christian is survived by his wife, two sons, a daughter, his parents, and two brothers.

RIP Brother. Prayers inbound....

We are diminished
    Lo there, do I see my father.
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sister and my brothers.
    Lo there I do see the line of my people back to the beginning.
    Lo they do call to me. They bid me to take my place among them
    in the hallowed halls of Valhalla
    where the brave shall live forever.

Prayers sent for a full recovery of Officer Howard and for the families of Officer Christian. It is sad day when a good guy goes down.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Prayers sent
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

SPO Howard will recover. News just interviewed his family and they said he was alert.

Suspect is still at large.

Prayers to all the Families!!!!!

and Hope the Boys in Blue find the Evil soon.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Prayers sent to SPO Christian's family and for the recovery of SPO Howard. I went to two services for deputies killed last week. It is a tragic experience.

I work in the county just to the south of where this took place. I didn't know SPO Christian all that well. Earlier in my career, I crossed paths with SPO Howard on several occasions, and he is the real deal. I hope for a speedy and full recovery for him.

We crossed the river and joined in on the manhunt as soon as we got word of the shooting and have been with them ever since. I was out late Tuesday night and about 17 hours yesterday. I had to take care of some pressing issues in our shop today, but we had a full element with them. We will keep a team with them for as long as they need us, and we will be assisting with the services for Buddy.

The suspect is bad news. He is a suspect in a car jacking and kidnapping from earlier in the day on Tuesday prior to ambushing Tony and Buddy. He then carjacked another victim to make his escape. He has previously done time in prison for armed robbery.

He had a brother killed a few years ago in a shootout with an ACCPD officer.

... and the pathetic part is the armed robbery got him 12 years and $3 from a pizza delivery guy.

Chief ... I know they were glad to have your guys out. I was listening to the scanner all day Tuesday and heard your K9 a lot. It sounded like he in particular was of big service. His pic is on the front page of the print edition of ABH today. My K9 neighbor was in the AJC yesterday.

Last edited by VolGrad; 03-25-2011 at 04:45 PM.

User Tag List