Thread: Brown /Tan Thread Locker on MLOK Screws?

Brown /Tan Thread Locker on MLOK Screws?

Almost anytime I buy a MLOK product, usually magpul, I think, it comes with a brown tannish caked on thread locker.

I don't think loctite makes any of that color so I'm wondering what is being used, and what the equivalent loctite is. Blue, I'd guess?

Also, it seems caked on. Makes me wonder if I should be applying wet loctite and letting the screw sit for a few hours or a full day even to let it cake in there before I install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Almost anytime I buy a MLOK product, usually magpul, I think, it comes with a brown tannish caked on thread locker.

I don't think loctite makes any of that color so I'm wondering what is being used, and what the equivalent loctite is. Blue, I'd guess?

Also, it seems caked on. Makes me wonder if I should be applying wet loctite and letting the screw sit for a few hours or a full day even to let it cake in there before I install it.
    It's a nylon patch. Probably ND Patch, if I had to guess, or something similar.

Follow Loctite's instructions for the product you pick for best results. Each threadlocker is meant to be applied and used for different purposes.

User Tag List