Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: P226, best DA/SA ever?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Have you shot with a 226 and a short reset trigger? How do they compare?
    On my personal 229, I have the short reset trigger and a GG PSAIT trigger (I think that was the acronym, it's no longer on their website, something newer is now). It made a huge improvement on the 229's trigger on the reset.
    My new to me 4516 DA/SA trigger is a little nicer in both DA and SA and the reset is really nice and SHORT. It's not a PC and I've not handled a PC 3rd gen Smith. I can't say for certain that it is stock, but it feels a little better than my 4013TSW that I got New/Old stock. My 4013 only has a few hundred rounds through it. The 4516 looks new inside, but I just don't know for sure. That is my experience if it helps at all...

P226, best DA/SA ever?

GJM, in answer to your original question, No.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I'm used to shooting Glocks with skate tape where your support thumb rests, does anyone else find it tougher to consistently apply pressure on that are with Sigs? I think that along with the 'high bore axis' makes the gun a bit wobbly shot to shot at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I'm used to shooting Glocks with skate tape where your support thumb rests, does anyone else find it tougher to consistently apply pressure on that are with Sigs? I think that along with the 'high bore axis' makes the gun a bit wobbly shot to shot at least for me.
    There's not really a way around that except to change up support thumb position to make sure you're not applying pressure in the wrong area/direction.

Getting used to the timing of the gun's cycling characteristics helps a ton. I'd say that's probably the larger factor at issue when the subject of "high bore axis" comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Pressure on the frame is masking trigger control issues most likely. I shoot with neutral thumbs, aggressive pressure on grip. Thumbs can really fuck up everything else if you don't watch them. Thumb pressure from the off hand thumb and stippling there has really come from people (majority of users) shooting glocks low left.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Pressure on the frame is masking trigger control issues most likely. I shoot with neutral thumbs, aggressive pressure on grip. Thumbs can really fuck up everything else if you don't watch them. Thumb pressure from the off hand thumb and stippling there has really come from people (majority of users) shooting glocks low left.
    https://www.handgunsmag.com/editoria..._100306/138866

Somewhere at the bottom of that article is Sevigny with his asston of wins and pretty decent thumb pressure on a gun.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    https://www.handgunsmag.com/editoria..._100306/138866

Somewhere at the bottom of that article is Sevigny with his asston of wins and pretty decent thumb pressure on a gun.
    Don't they both use pretty Gucci triggers? Not disagreeing but I think most users would benefit from little to neutral pressure on the frame of the gun. We had the discussion at a Haley course I took (I'm not a fan of any one trainer but take stuff from all) where people over using there thumbs to counter trigger could idenvertenly push shots right or left hand dependent or ever cause stopages. I'm glad they shoot well but I still believe pressure with the offhand thumb masks trigger issues and can lead to reliability issues, especially in polymer guns.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Don't they both use pretty Gucci triggers? Not disagreeing but I think most users would benefit from little to neutral pressure on the frame of the gun. We had the discussion at a Haley course I took (I'm not a fan of any one trainer but take stuff from all) where people over using there thumbs to counter trigger could idenvertenly push shots right or left hand dependent or ever cause stopages. I'm glad they shoot well but I still believe pressure with the offhand thumb masks trigger issues and can lead to reliability issues, especially in polymer guns.
    Some folks swear a Glock trigger unmasks trigger control problems they never had with other platforms.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Always liked the P226, it's just my long thumbs that didn't appreciate the rear slide lock/release. As for Glocks, I want to like them but I pull them left every time. Not so with DA revolvers, DA/SA pistols and the like. The only SIG I still own is a new production P210 American.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Not a lot of experience with the 226. I had a M11 which was nice but I wanted a rail to mount a light if I felt the need too. Got my 229 E2 recently after seeing Breakingtime91 posts about his and I'm very pleased with mine. Stippled the E2 grip and installed Gray Guns Master Spring Kit and new sights. I just ordered the SIG 229 RXP Romeo 1 Pro Slide to try out a MRDS on it.
    And here it is. Just installed it, haven't got to shoot it yet. I ordered the shroud as it's not included. They're on sale now on SIG's website for $479 from $599. The Romeo 1 Pro is $439 from SIG by itself, so $40.00 for a complete slide with suppressor height sights isn't too bad a deal. I removed the optic and installed the shroud and torqued everything to spec. In doing a little dry fire I like the 6 MOA dot for my eyes. YMMV.

Name:  229 Optic.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  100.1 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List