Thread: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Rankin and Bass): Some Observations

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Rankin and Bass): Some Observations

Watching the other night, noticed the following:

-Yukon Cornelius carries his Colt appendix.

-Hermie, the elf who doesn't like to make toys and want's to be a dentist....

All the male elf's are baled, the only one who had hair in the form of a goatee it's color is brown.
    Hermie has swooshy blond hair, much like the female elves.
    All elf's have pointed ears.
    Hermie has round ears.
    Santa has round ears.
    Female elves are cute, Mrs. Claus not so much.

Santa, what have you been up to?

Time for my whisky advent calendar....

Yeah, even as a kid I thought that show pretty much makes Santa and his reindeer out to be dicks.

And Rudolph's dad needed a slap upside the head along with a lesson on manning up and being a father.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Yeah, even as a kid I thought that show pretty much makes Santa and his reindeer out to be dicks.

And Rudolph's dad needed a slap upside the head along with a lesson on manning up and being a father.
    Completely. They all treat Rudolph like shit because he's different until he's useful for saving their asses. If it was never for that fog he would have permanently been an outcast. For me it kind of brings to mind what I'm sure all of us "paranoid gun people" have heard at least once from someone who looks down on us, "if there's ever a zombie outbreak/world War 3 I'm coming to your house" crap. You've got the same rights and abilities I do punk, I'm taking my red nose to the island of misfit toys, good luck to you.

Read this the other day:

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...ecials/620977/

Then watched Rudolph. Pretty accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Read this the other day:

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...ecials/620977/

Then watched Rudolph. Pretty accurate!
    That’s a solid article. Thanks for posting it!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Oh, so that's why I never liked Rudolph. Never could put my finger on it.

Charlie Brown Christmas however, has always been my favorite. We watched it a couple of days ago, and I have the Vince Gauraldi Trio songs playing in my truck starting the day after Thanksgiving.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    We watch Rudolf every year because my wife loves it exclusively for the nostalgia, but we always refer to it in relation to the meme: deviation from the norm will be punished unless it is exploitable.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

They treated Rudolph’s cousin, Albert the Amber Assed Antelope even worse.

Albert with your ass so bright,
    Won’t you be my backup light
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I remember watching it as a kid on our 36" 780i glass tube. I thought it was pretty good back in the day. Here at work we've got a 50 something + ultra 4K HD. Nothing ruins the magic like High Def. Those things looked way more plastic than I remembered. And the animation .... Well let's just say Tim Burton has upped the game a bit.

When I was a kid Rudolph, Frosty, The Grinch and others were not to be missed. They only happened when the network ran them. If you missed it you had to wait till next year.

User Tag List