Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Favorite bible verses

46 And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord.
    47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
    48 Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
    49 Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.
    50 And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.
    51 He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
    52 He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
    53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
    54 He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:
    55 As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I think this is good mindset advice:

James 1:19, NIV: My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

(Good advice for posting on the internet, too.)

Matthew 10:23
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    This verse nearly knocked me over the first time I read it. The simplicity and clarity of it continues to have a significant impact on me. Whenever I'm overwhelmed with life, this verse resets my compass.

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” --- Micah 6:8
    I really like this one and never remember reading it, although I surely must have, at some point.

I'm not Christian, but was raised by and among Christians. I feel an attachment to this one:

"Greater love hath no man than this: that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    I saw Satan fall like lightning from the sky.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-03-2022 at 11:30 AM.

User Tag List