Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT P365

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You mean Culper Precision? They'll install whatever's available. I'm hoping to keep the factory sights for now, but that'll depend on if the RMRcc sits low enough on the slide.

We'll see how it turns out. I haven't find many reviews on reliability one way or the other.
    I was specifically curious about the night vision sites in the photo you posted in conjunction with the Holosun optic.

If not the SKU numbers then the height of the sites.

I’m hoping your RMR cc will sit lower than the Holosun optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was specifically curious about the night vision sites in the photo you posted in conjunction with the Holosun optic.

If not the SKU numbers then the height of the sites.

I’m hoping your RMR cc will sit lower than the Holosun optic.
    Gotcha. They rattled off a description of the sights on my first visit, but the info didn't stick. Next time I swing by there, I'll ask.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Gotcha. They rattled off a description of the sights on my first visit, but the info didn't stick. Next time I swing by there, I'll ask.
    THANKS

The taller sights in their display unit look good and will probably work with your RMRcc.
    Unfortunately the factory sights probably will not.

Here are some comparative pictures to extrapolate.

Culpeper
    Name:  EA1D2466-A3D9-4300-A562-8A0FF7E70525.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  46.0 KB

Note the depth of the rear sight cut versus the optic cut. The optic cut appears shallower than the rear sight cut but definitely not deeper than it.

That’s a K sized Holosun. Look at how it’s just a whiff lower than the taller rear sight.

Now compare the optic body heights of the RMRcc and the K series.

Name:  19B01FC0-567E-4A1F-BD9D-B7C2B560B2AF.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  39.4 KB
    Name:  CDA22329-0988-4B05-8071-C8544203327E.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  45.4 KB

The taller rear sight on the Culpeper might just work with the RMRcc but I don’t think the OEM is going to work as the OEM front works with the K series rear so you’d have to have that kind of height.

For reference this was a plain P365 (one of the first 1300 of P365s ever made!) that was milled by Maple Leaf. You can see that the optic cut milled down to the depth of the rear sight cut similar to the Culpeper so the RMRcc is going to sit higher.

Name:  27208C74-B26C-44C6-950D-F54FF5893271.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  52.2 KB

@vcdgrips might think I’m being a know-it-all but as an early adopter of the platform, these logistical considerations are well known. You still will have a great build, but it will likely require taller sights than what’s even listed on that Culpeper picture if you use an RMRcc.

Site Supporter
    I apologize to the op and others in advance as I have nothing constructive to offer in this thread.

Re JCN mentioning my thoughts re his “know it all ness” based on a completely different thread consigned to the Romper Room kind of proves the point.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....read(s)/page20
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I apologize to the op and others in advance as I have nothing constructive to offer in this thread.

Re JCN mentioning my thoughts re his “know it all ness” based on a completely different thread consigned to the Romper Room kind of proves the point.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....read(s)/page20
    Yes it does.

I’m posting because I do know in this case and can save him time and disappointment and cut learning curve off, which is what I hope to do for constructive members of the forum.

I do know a lot because I deep dive into a lot of stuff. I buy everything and test everything and take apart everything.

To answer your romper thread: I was wrong earlier today. I was trying to draw a knife using the clip and @JCS helped educate me. I was wrong multiple times today, my wife is going to the range with me tomorrow and not today.

I’m not the best shooter even locally but I’m pretty good. I’m not the smartest person in the world but I’m pretty smart. I’m not the most tenacious person in the world but I’m pretty tenacious.

So I don’t have a need to be the best. I just like to be good and I spend time and effort to educate myself.

You know GJM’s current favorite optics tool, the Wheeler laser? Do you remember who introduced him to that? Hint, it was a know it all who knew something that wasn’t on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The taller sights in their display unit look good and will probably work with your RMRcc.
    Unfortunately the factory sights probably will not.
    Good point. I haven't taken the time to research BUIS yet. I figure that can wait until the RMRcc is mounted to see what I'm dealing with. (It'll also give the credit card time to cool off!)
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Folks, please. This thread will be of more value without continuing these personal issues.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Same request minus the please.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be emulating @tlong17 if I choose to add a RDS on my P365 - direct milling for a RMRcc.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1197427
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List