Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT P365

I’m watching with interest. I have a P365 and am considering having it direct milled for a RMRcc.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I think this pistol deserves a leather holster and a Pelican case, painted to match the slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

VERY interesting and informative posts and project! Thanks for sharing.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

“Mother father daughter! No good farging son of a worthless icehole! Stinking flea bitten mangy weasel suck starter!” Just a few of the choice words that blistered the wallpaper and had the cat giving me disgusted looks and flatten her ears. Fortunately, the wife wasn’t home. She won’t put up with that kind of language.

Installing the Magguts +2 mag kit was… a challenge. The spring is strong and the baseplate is a tight fit. First, you drop in the follower, then the spring. Read the instructions carefully so you don’t install the spring backwards. Next, you have to compress the spring and hold it in place while you try to slip the base in place. Unfortunately, the groove of the baseplate is too short to engage the tongue of the mag tube while my finger is trying to hold the spring down. When I moved my finger out of the way, the spring shot out across the room like those snakes in a can!

I did finally get both Magguts kits installed, just don’t ask me how. The only thing I can figure is there is magic in Sailor Speak that smooth the way.

Install video

To make room for the +2 rounds, the Magguts follower is made much thinner than the factory follower. It leaves a gap by the slide catch shelf and the follower looks like it’s going to pop out at any moment. The spring is stiffer but with a little familiarity, it’s easy enough to load the magazine. Spring pressure feels about the same throughout as the mag is loaded and the 13th round goes in almost as easy as he first. The 14th round takes a bit more pressure, but not excessively so. Even spring pressure should give more uniform feeding.

One thing I noticed is even with the extra spring pressure, rounds loads smoothly.

I don’t know how easy a full mag will load in the pistol on a closed slide. The slide, of course, is at Culpers. (Things are backed up for the holidays and set my delivery date in mid-January.)

I won’t know how good the Magguts kit works until I get my P365 back together.

Next: The Dot
    Channeling Roman Moroni?

Site Supporter

“Mother father daughter! No good farging son of a worthless icehole! Stinking flea bitten mangy weasel suck starter!” Just a few of the choice words that blistered the wallpaper and had the cat giving me disgusted looks and flatten her ears. Fortunately, the wife wasn’t home. She won’t put up with that kind of language.

Installing the Magguts +2 mag kit was… a challenge. The spring is strong and the baseplate is a tight fit. First, you drop in the follower, then the spring. Read the instructions carefully so you don’t install the spring backwards. Next, you have to compress the spring and hold it in place while you try to slip the base in place. Unfortunately, the groove of the baseplate is too short to engage the tongue of the mag tube while my finger is trying to hold the spring down. When I moved my finger out of the way, the spring shot out across the room like those snakes in a can!

I did finally get both Magguts kits installed, just don’t ask me how. The only thing I can figure is there is magic in Sailor Speak that smooth the way.

Install video

To make room for the +2 rounds, the Magguts follower is made much thinner than the factory follower. It leaves a gap by the slide catch shelf and the follower looks like it’s going to pop out at any moment. The spring is stiffer but with a little familiarity, it’s easy enough to load the magazine. Spring pressure feels about the same throughout as the mag is loaded and the 13th round goes in almost as easy as he first. The 14th round takes a bit more pressure, but not excessively so. Even spring pressure should give more uniform feeding.

One thing I noticed is even with the extra spring pressure, rounds loads smoothly.

I don’t know how easy a full mag will load in the pistol on a closed slide. The slide, of course, is at Culpers. (Things are backed up for the holidays and set my delivery date in mid-January.)

I won’t know how good the Magguts kit works until I get my P365 back together.

Next: The Dot
    Very cool so far and I would like to get more details on what they are using for back up irons.

The only negative comment I have is that the maggots kits are not reliable.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=HCM;1299860]Very cool so far and I would like to get more details on what they are using for back up irons.

The only negative comment I have is that the maggots kits are not reliable.[/QUOTE

I've only got 1 MG kit in an XL magazine, pretty well vetted with
    a couple hundred rds of misc. ball and a box + of 124gr hst (no 147's)
    but, prior to installing the kit I cleaned the tube well and made sure
    to clean up any rough edges on the spring with 1500 grit, just ran
    my carry HST's through it zeroing a new 507K still 100%, no issues.
    Maybe I've been lucky, but carry it and I'm gonna try another one...
    we'll see how it shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Channeling Roman Moroni?
    It wasn't the Angel Moroni!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=D-der;1299897]
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Very cool so far and I would like to get more details on what they are using for back up irons.

The only negative comment I have is that the maggots kits are not reliable.[/QUOTE

I've only got 1 MG kit in an XL magazine, pretty well vetted with
    a couple hundred rds of misc. ball and a box + of 124gr hst (no 147's)
    but, prior to installing the kit I cleaned the tube well and made sure
    to clean up any rough edges on the spring with 1500 grit, just ran
    my carry HST's through it zeroing a new 507K still 100%, no issues.
    Maybe I've been lucky, but carry it and I'm gonna try another one...
    we'll see how it shakes out.
    I’m glad you’ve had good luck with your one example but I’ve seen too many examples of them not working to consider them suitable for anything serious.

I’m a big proponent of bullets equal opportunities in a fight but not at the expense of reliability. The P3 65 magazine is already a pretty amazing feat of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You mean Culper Precision? They'll install whatever's available. I'm hoping to keep the factory sights for now, but that'll depend on if the RMRcc sits low enough on the slide.

The only negative comment I have is that the maggots kits are not reliable.
    We'll see how it turns out. I haven't find many reviews on reliability one way or the other.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

We'll see how it turns out. I haven't find many reviews on reliability one way or the other.
    the +2 for my 10 rounders weren't reliable in either the MecGar or US made mags - hope you get better results w the 12 rnders

User Tag List