Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PROJECT P365

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Do you know who did the optics and Dawson sights?
    Sights were direct from Dawson, the milling was one of the last jobs Mark Housel did before retiring. Dawson only makes a fiber optic front that's compatible, but they have a black rod to give you the plain black front effect.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Already exists - it's called the Shield Plus. Seriously - that is a perfect description of the difference between the Shield Plus and the 365X/XL - shield grip is more "oval" with a longer front-to-rear distance, and has a more pronounced rake.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...ig-sauer-p365x - decrease the opacity and you can see the grip differences more clearly in the overlay mode
    Huh, who knew…..obviously you did. I’ve got the original shield, which I like pretty well. I may have to look into the shield plus, although I’ve been pretty stuck on Glocks lately.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Sights were direct from Dawson, the milling was one of the last jobs Mark Housel did before retiring. Dawson only makes a fiber optic front that's compatible, but they have a black rod to give you the plain black front effect.
    We’re they custom heights or do they have a set for milled P365s ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We’re they custom heights or do they have a set for milled P365s ?
    It's a 365 specific front and a 320 rear, I don't remember the heights off hand. Rear dovetail is the same for the 320/365, but when I got it with a black 320 front, it was obvious it was going to fit. Hence the fiber front with black rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    It's a 365 specific front and a 320 rear, I don't remember the heights off hand. Rear dovetail is the same for the 320/365, but when I got it with a black 320 front, it was obvious it was going to fit. Hence the fiber front with black rod.
    Thanks for jumping in with correct specs / info!

I can measure those sights if needed.

A couple of glitches delayed completion of Project P365. First was ordering the wrong grip module. Second, was a flaw in the Cerakote. Looked like the spray gun spat a couple of paint clumps. The guys at Culper found the flaw and took care of it.

A few days after I received the correct grip module, Wilson Combat announces their new grip modules. Just as well- at this time they don't have the XL frame in any color but black.

Culper re-blasted and recoated the slide to fix a flaw in the finish on the right side

Fixing the Cerakote took a couple of extra days, but I'm more than satisfied with the final results. It looks good!

After I reassembled the pistol, I modified my On Your 6 IWB holster to fit the optic.

The light inside the house makes the grip and holster look green. I can assure you, they're both Coyote Brown

I managed to find time to sneak off to a nearby shooting area and ran about 125 rounds through it to get the dot roughly sighted in and check the reliability of the Magguts +2 mag bases. There were no malfunctions even with quick double taps or a mag dump. The pistol is very accurate. I am not. I need to work on my trigger control.

I didn't put up any paper targets, just blasted away at bits of clay pigeons, using the Jeep as a rest. When I didn't jerk the trigger, the rounds went right where I aimed them. I sent my brother a text with a brief range report and photos. He's just getting into red dot sights and asked me how I like shooting with mine. I told him "I don't want to go back to iron sights." Shooting the dot is slower for me than iron sights, but I can feel with practice that will change. The dot is easier to see and I feel more relaxed while shooting. It's less work.

The base of the RMRcc is too high for the factory sights. I should get taller sights, but I'd rather spend the money on a flat trigger!

The P365 with the optic feels no different while wearing it than it did without.

Adding an RMRcc to the P365 was well worth the expense. I like shooting even more and with the new paint job, it just looks so damned cool!

What's left? Taller sights, flat trigger and maybe a Wilson Combat grip module, if they release an XL in Coyote Brown.

Of course, a holster to fit the light.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List