Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson Model 13-2 at the LGS

I’m still having trouble with the internet, but here’s a pic from the six rounds I shot.

Name:  7560F6F5-E98E-46EF-B0A3-597D32B07515.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  29.3 KB

Just a great Smith to own. They are dependable as the morning sun and as accurate as a person could ask for. You're going to like this Model 10.

Does anyone remember trading presents after Christmas Day? Well, here we go. I bought myself a Colt King Cobra as a birthday gift in October. My wife fell in love with it, and I told her I’d give it to her for Christmas. It was boxed, and stored for two whole months. Now I’m without a birthday pistol for two months, and the M13-2 seemed appropriate. I only put six rounds through it early last week, and wrapped it up. We went to range yesterday we both pistols, and I shot the M13 at 25 yards. It was very accurate! I told Yvonne to try it at 10 yards, and she scored two bullseyes, and the other four hit the 8” splatter target. She stuffed 6 more rounds in, and kind of got the same results. She usually gets tired of DA after one cylinder, and switches to SA. Not yesterday! The M13’s trigger pull is a very consistent 8lb 1oz, and she blasted 100 rounds down range in no time. The front sight blade was still black, but she shot it amazingly well. No low left shots at all, and the flyers were just an inch high above the shoot and see target. She declared that the M13 was now her pistol, and that I could have the Colt back.

THE END

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    She declared that the M13 was now her pistol, and that I could have the Colt back.
    Well then, happy birthday...again! (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Well then, happy birthday...again! (smile)

Dave
    🤣🤣🤣 Too Funny!

My wife has a 4" M13 that I can't talk her out of. It is just a real sweet shooter.

I just need to get my act together and start a quest for a 3"...
    ...I have wanted one for some time, never have seen one local and the one gun show in the state worth going to has been cancelled repeatedly for the last year and a half...

Quote Originally Posted by xtrtsqrt11 View Post
    My wife has a 4" M13 that I can't talk her out of. It is just a real sweet shooter.

I just need to get my act together and start a quest for a 3"...
    ...I have wanted one for some time, never have seen one local and the one gun show in the state worth going to has been cancelled repeatedly for the last year and a half...
    I looked for 3” barrels at Numrich, but no luck.

I looked for 3” barrels at Numrich, but no luck.
    Last I've heard, 3" barrels were pretty much all dried up unless you see the occasional on ebay or equivalent for big money. Pity that IMO.
    I've also considered having a 4" loped off one inch and then the barrel slab sided so the stamping is not all off set.

Still think just being patient for a nice, real 3" is my best bet...

Does anyone remember trading presents after Christmas Day? Well, here we go. I bought myself a Colt King Cobra as a birthday gift in October. My wife fell in love with it, and I told her I’d give it to her for Christmas. It was boxed, and stored for two whole months. Now I’m without a birthday pistol for two months, and the M13-2 seemed appropriate. I only put six rounds through it early last week, and wrapped it up. We went to range yesterday we both pistols, and I shot the M13 at 25 yards. It was very accurate! I told Yvonne to try it at 10 yards, and she scored two bullseyes, and the other four hit the 8” splatter target. She stuffed 6 more rounds in, and kind of got the same results. She usually gets tired of DA after one cylinder, and switches to SA. Not yesterday! The M13’s trigger pull is a very consistent 8lb 1oz, and she blasted 100 rounds down range in no time. The front sight blade was still black, but she shot it amazingly well. No low left shots at all, and the flyers were just an inch high above the shoot and see target. She declared that the M13 was now her pistol, and that I could have the Colt back.

THE END
    I love the way this thread has gone so much.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If mama ain’t happy….

Just remember, “If mama ain’t happy, nobody is happy! Its worked well for me over the decades.

User Tag List