Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson Model 13-2 at the LGS

Site Supporter
    Buy it.

The Herrett grips on it are much better than the factory original grips..

Site Supporter
    Bucks County's not that far from me. I'm just sayin'.

I wish I could find such good deals. That LGS doesn't know what it's worth or just want it moved and it will!! You better get it, even if it's only an investment opportunity...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Have you bought the gun, yet? If not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Have you bought the gun, yet? If not, why not?
    My wife wants to go around 2:00. Since October, I’ve bought a 4” M64, 4” M686+, and the Colt King Cobra. I want to shoot any gun I buy, and I’m worried about this gun’s age, and parts availability. The 15-mile-away Sportsmans Warehouse has a Colt Python I could pickup by Jan. 10, and that’s what we’ve really been eyeballing. We will go look at the M13 today, and I’ll check the B/C gap with actual feeler gauges. Standby….

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife wants to go around 2:00. Since October, I’ve bought a 4” M64, 4” M686+, and the Colt King Cobra. I want to shoot any gun I buy, and I’m worried about this gun’s age, and parts availability. The 15-mile-away Sportsmans Warehouse has a Colt Python I could pickup by Jan. 10, and that’s what we’ve really been eyeballing. We will go look at the M13 today, and I’ll check the B/C gap with actual feeler gauges. Standby….
    My feeling is that if it checks out, a 13 is a "super .38"... shoot it with .38s and limit .357s to things like woods carry. You're probably not ever going to break it if you do that.

We bought the revolver at 2:00, but our internet was out until now. I took 6 quick DA shoots at 10 yards, and then cleaned everything. The internals had gummy oil, and the recoil spring was congealed inside the slide. The B/C gap is right at .006”, but one of the extractor star pins is missing. That was on my checklist, but we were joking around to much.

I’m trying to upload pics, but my internet is REALLY SLOW at the moment.
    Last edited by FrankB; 12-22-2021 at 05:03 PM.

I am gonna sleep better tonight knowing this revolver has gone to a member of this forum!! Glad you listened to your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    We bought the revolver at 2:00, but our internet was out until now. I took 6 quick DA shoots at 10 yards, and then cleaned everything. The internals had gummy oil, and the recoil spring was congealed inside the slide. The B/C gap is right at .006”, but one of the extractor star pins is missing. That was on my checklist, but we were joking around to much.

I’m trying to upload pics, but my internet is REALLY SLOW at the moment.
    Extractor pin missing won't hurt anything. Your cartridges will keep everything lined up. My main IDPA gun for several years has one missing.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Extractor pin missing won't hurt anything. Your cartridges will keep everything lined up. My main IDPA gun for several years has one missing.
    I just mic’s the pin, and it’s .054”. It can’t be too difficult to find a pin, and my missing parts OCD will drive me goofy. 😳😁Name:  865A92CC-1EC3-4393-B3C5-011D4ACC371C.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  59.9 KB

User Tag List