Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galco ankle glove, ankle light, or something else for my J?

Site Supporter

Galco ankle glove, ankle light, or something else for my J?

This isn't going to see heavy use, more of an occasional thing.

Galco has a 25% off sale that includes the ankle glove, which is what brought this to mind.

OT: I do not need a Miami classic. I do NOT need a Miami classic. I DO NOT need a Miami classic...
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

I've had good luck with the Galco ankle gloves I've owned.

The only other suggestion, since I owned the original "Renegade" ankle holster for a J, is the Wilderness made "Renegade" ankle holster which gets high marks.

Either way you'll be covered. (Pun intended, sortish.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I rode an original Renegade damn hard. Great rig. The Wilderness’s reputation and past performance leads me to believe their version is every bit as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    OT: I do not need a Miami classic. I do NOT need a Miami classic. I DO NOT need a Miami classic...
    But have you considered the Miami Classic?

I've had both a Galco Ankle Glove and Ankle Lite for years; the Ankle Glove is decent, and Ankle Lite I thought was a POS.

Mine are for Glocks (i.e, G26/G19); used only very occassionally, and only when situationally necessary (when clothing-wise it's impossible to conceal with an IWB/OWB holster) for a G19.

Best, Jon

I ran a Galco Ankle Lite for over a year with a Glock 26 and I hated it. The padding is garbage you could feel the hard backing on my ankle bone. My buddy had a Ankle Glove and the padding is the same so that I why I am responding. If it is just for very occasional use, it may not bother you. I would also recommend the calf strap so its not riding on your ankle bone.

I'd be more interested in something with the thicker felt backing like one from 5-shot leather. Other people make them too but the names escape me.

I've been running a G26 in an ankle glove for a little over 10 years now daily. I'm onto my 2nd holster as eventually the velcro and stitching wore out on my original one. Judging by the shape my current one is in, I've probably got another year or so before it'll have to be replaced. I don't use the calf strap, have no complaints, and will get another ankle glove when this one finally wears out. I think an J frame would be even more comfortable and concealable than my G26. JMHO

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've had good luck with the Galco ankle gloves I've owned.

The only other suggestion, since I owned the original "Renegade" ankle holster for a J, is the Wilderness made "Renegade" ankle holster which gets high marks.

Either way you'll be covered. (Pun intended, sortish.)
    Wilderness Renegade or the Desantis version of it is the way I ankle carry an airweight J. I’ve also quite satisfactorily carried an all steel J in the same holster, but the weight does throw my gait off a bit.

At the recent Revolver Roundup, one of the breakout sessions I attended was all about ankle carry of snub revolvers: many, many participants used one of those two, and they were highly recommended. IIRC, one of the vendors who attended was a rep of The Wilderness. She sold out of all of the Renegades she brought.

That is what I would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Wilderness Renegade or the Desantis version of it is the way I ankle carry an airweight J. I’ve also quite satisfactorily carried an all steel J in the same holster, but the weight does throw my gait off a bit.

At the recent Revolver Roundup, one of the breakout sessions I attended was all about ankle carry of snub revolvers: many, many participants used one of those two, and they were highly recommended. IIRC, one of the vendors who attended was a rep of The Wilderness. She sold out of all of the Renegades she brought.

That is what I would get.
    I still have a DeSantis version of the Renegade on hand. Haven't used it in probably 25 years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ankle Glove is very comfortable for ankle carry, but a bit bulky IMO. I had one a few years ago, gave it to my BIL when he saw it & tried it on and I needed to give him a Christmas Present anyways... He still uses it a lot (at work primarily).

My go to has been Alessi or now the Ritchie ankle holsters. Very comfortable for ankle carry, close second to the Ankle Glove, conceals better though and I like how it retains my J frame without extra snaps or straps. I don't chase bad guys over fences and what not while wearing it so I don't need the extra retention.

I have two holsters from Garrity Gunleather that makes the leather portion of the Wilderness Renegade. He does wonderful work, so I would really consider that option heavily. My Wilderness experience is with their belts (excellent product).

User Tag List