Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100-ish binoculars

Dammit, this thread cost me $230. That is not quite $100-ish, but we needed new binos and the Wirecutter review was really good.

Athlon Optics Midas 8x42
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YLTG7DA/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have several pair of Vortex Diamondbacks(?) that are 8x or 10x something. They get put on doorbuster sales every year about this time for ~$129-149 and I grab a set or two to use or gift. Good clarity, durability, and the ones I have are size efficient. Their 8 or 10x (?) monocular is pretty decent too, and about that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I have the 10x32 version of these Vortex Diamondbacks and like them quite well:

Those look like the ones.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-20-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I have the 10x42 version of these. I’ve been using them for close to 2 years now for hunting. I’m really happy with them and you can’t beat the warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have several pair of Vortex Diamondbacks(?) that are 8x or 10x something. They get put on doorbuster sales every year about this time for ~$129-149 and I grab a set or two to use or gift. Good clarity, durability, and the ones I have are size efficient. Their 8 or 10x (?) monocular is pretty decent too, and about that price point.

[FONT=Verdana]

Those look like the ones.
    When I got my 15x50 Razors, I thought I’d sell the 10x32s, but they are useful and light and compact, so I kept them to keep in the car, or use when just hiking or going extra light.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How do you like the 10x36? I have an 8x25 I use for the same purpose and would like more magnification but haven't pulled the trigger because I don't know how easy it is to keep steady.
    Going from the 8x to 10x only really shows gain at further distance when compared side by side. We have feeders about 7 yards off the rear window and both work great. Now looking at deer at 750 is a different story.
    Stability doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Taking a break from social media.

I've used these hunting (and other uses) for several years and found them light weight, easy to use, clear, weather proof, and almost indestructible. I say "almost" because I haven't put a serious effort into destroying them but they have survived my efforts thus far.
    And in your price range.

https://www.leupold.com/bx-1-rogue-8...pact-binocular
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Going from the 8x to 10x only really shows gain at further distance when compared side by side. We have feeders about 7 yards off the rear window and both work great. Now looking at deer at 750 is a different story.
    Stability doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Went through this about two years ago and I settled down with the Vortex for my father and Bushnell L-series models which replaced the Ultra HD models (greeaat reviews on birding websites). I think either would make most happy at the $100 price point.

I think in general, Bushnells higher end optics are often underrated.

User Tag List