Thread: Springfield Ronin 1911 9mm (5 inch) sight options

Springfield Ronin 1911 9mm (5 inch) sight options

Hey guys,

I have a "Ronin" full size 9mm from Springfield. It is a great gun but I don't like the front sight because it is calibrated for a sort of 6 o'clock Bullseye hold . I want to swap it out to so it is a little more POA/POI which I prefer. I would love to get a tritium front to match my Wilson but honestly, just a white dot would be fine since I could paint it to replicate the general look of my .45's front sight. I gather there is something weird about Springfield's dovetail. Anyone know where I should go to get a good font sight. Honestly, I could handle the F/O if it didn't hit high so that's an option as well.

Site Supporter
    I'd take a look at Dawson. I got one of their FO sights for a range officer and I'd expect they probably used the same dovetail

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    +1 to the above. Depending on the usage of the gun, but for irons, I’m pretty much only interested in a thin FO front with all black rear. I’ve been getting them from Dawson.

SA customer service has told me my LB Operator has Novak cuts and I think my 'smiths (Sams and Derr) have indicated similarly re my LW Operator and Lipsey's Combat Operator. I've no idea is SA uses different cuts on different models.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Try Dawson, Fusion Firearms, or KenSight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Try Dawson, Fusion Firearms, or KenSight.
    I now have the Kensight "Novak style" adjustable rear on two Operators and they appear built very stout and goodness it's nice to be able to dial in a POI.

Attachment 81610
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My Springfield 1911 was hitting low as well, I chose to replace the rear Novak with a slightly taller 10 8 Performance rear. I really like the rounded bottom of the sight notch and having a ledge if I need to use the sight for slide release.

It was too tight a fit, so like many other 1911 parts that are oversized, it took a little fitting to get it to go in.

REALLY nice sight picture IMO...

User Tag List