Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smith & Wesson 43C vs Ruger LCR .22

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LupinIII View Post
    Hate to revive an older thread, but this has been the best comparison I've seen between these two snubbies, by far.

Doc_Glock, did you use use speed loaders with these revolvers? I'm trying to figure out if 8-shot, .22 LR speed loaders from Speed Beez, 5-Star, etc. will work for both given they tend to have a little slop when rounds are loaded anyway.

And has your view changed at all, or is the 43C still your favorite between the two?
    My view has not changed. I still like the 43C.

Speed loaders are not interchangeable. You need a separate one for the Ruger and S&W.

Good to know! Unfortunate the loaders aren't cross compatible though.

Now to actually find a 43C locally I can handle . . .

Good morning - new member with my first question. Based on what I’ve read on the forum, I’m going to buy a S&W 43c. I understand the potential leading problem at the forcing cone, but have read comments that suggest a similar problem at the recessed muzzle. How significant is the leading/fouling? Any other comments and/or suggestions pertaining to the gun would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

PS this forum is a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    Good morning - new member with my first question. Based on what I’ve read on the forum, I’m going to buy a S&W 43c. I understand the potential leading problem at the forcing cone, but have read comments that suggest a similar problem at the recessed muzzle. How significant is the leading/fouling? Any other comments and/or suggestions pertaining to the gun would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

PS this forum is a great resource.
    Muzzle leading accumulates but hasn’t been problematic for me with 12k through my first 43c. As far as the spitting at the forcing cone, if you have a competent old school revolver-smith in your area have the forcing cone throated and timing adjusted. It will nearly eliminate the spitting. Had that done on my 43c/63 pinto project and it’s worlds better than the other one.
    Name:  1BDC24F1-00AB-4DF3-B7FB-2C6C00C87E92.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  52.4 KB

Bought a 43c, and put 80rds through it, sort of. Most of them went off, after working through a 12 -25lb variable pull weight, those that did, spit lead. Returned to the counter and mentioned the store warranty, which basically means I say gun broke, fix gun, and they handle everything. The star / ratchet was chewed up badly, likely causing the variable pull weight. The lead build up was thick, and I had chunks of lead on my arms. According to the shop smith, the timing notches (I believe that's what they are called) were not cut deep enough, and the forcing cone is too shallow. I should know more in 6-8 weeks, maybe. I purposely paid more for the convenience of the shop warranty, as I gave the 43c a 50/50 chance of destroying itself within short order. Didn't think it would happen so quickly.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List