Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buckmark magazines - factory vs ProMag

Site Supporter
    To complete this, I went to Cabelas and bought some Brownings for $31.95 each, which was the price on most online places. I added some points to my card and got to look around for fun. Didn't need to hassle with shipping, etc.

BTW, the store had tons of 40 SW and 223. No other handgun ammo except some Streak - tracer ish? Lots of handguns

Stopped at a Mom and Pop for French toast and Canadian bacon. Good day.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    I've had but one experience with ProMags, and it was bad enough I'll never buy them again for any reason. Factory mags is definitely the way I'd go on this.
    BT,DT. I bought one for a Hi-Power and it was a dumpster fire. I put it in a vise, flattened it, and tossed it into the recycling bin.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    To complete this, I went to Cabelas and bought some Brownings for $31.95 each, which was the price on most online places. I added some points to my card and got to look around for fun. Didn't need to hassle with shipping, etc.

BTW, the store had tons of 40 SW and 223. No other handgun ammo except some Streak - tracer ish? Lots of handguns

Stopped at a Mom and Pop for French toast and Canadian bacon. Good day.
    FWIW inflation hasn’t hit Buckmark magazines yet, they were priced at 30+ dollars in the late 90’s which an online calculator tells me is about 55 usd in 2021 money.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve owned Promags for a few different guns. I’ve since learned ProMag is an acronym.

Please Remember Our Magazines Are Garbage

I inherited a Buckmark when my Dad passed away.

He had two factory and two Promags. The factory get the most use from my 13 year old because they feel smoother and are easier to load. Haven't seen any reliability problems with the Promags, but I'm watching them and I do use them (just not as much as he uses the factory...). I've got about 200 rounds through them compared to my boy's about 1000 through the factory mags.

Buckmarks are a pain to disassemble for cleaning though! Otherwise great 22.

ETA: I'm not a Promag fan either. I bought some years ago when I didn't know better and wondered why they were so mediocre...
    Last edited by xtrtsqrt11; 12-27-2021 at 05:38 PM.

My rule of thumb is to always buy factory mags. Sometimes after market mags work but mostly they don't.

Your odds of winning at blackjack in Vegas are probably better and you'll have a lot more fun.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List