Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-4:30 IWB HOLSTERS

3-4:30 IWB HOLSTERS

Im out of touch with whats recommended for 3-4:30 IWB and OWB. For IWB I think Id prefer offset loop but Im not 100% on that. For the slim 9’s and J Frames.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I have gone entirely to JM Custom Kydex IWB #3 with a 10 degree cant, full sweat guard, wide hole spacing, and pul the dot loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have gone entirely to JM Custom Kydex IWB #3 with a 10 degree cant, full sweat guard, wide hole spacing, and pul the dot loops.

Same.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I don't like kydex iwb. Aiwb yes. But not behind the hip.

Milt Sparks summer special 2 or vm2. Other companies make similar ones like Ryan Grizzle.
    Name:  IMG_20211024_150650~2.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  49.3 KB

Either this or something leather. Leather is honestly my real preference when carrying in this position, but JMCK IWB3 is easily the best Kydex holster I’ve ever tried for 3:00-4:30

I use Galco King Tuck

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Most of the leather holsters I have tried are either thin and non-rigid, or require a reinforcement around the mouth of the holster to keep the holster open once the gun is drawn. In the latter case, the holster adds considerable thickness to the total thickness that must fit within the waistband and which must be concealed. Kydex has the advantages of being both thin and rigid, which for me provides the most comfort and most effective concealment.

Most of the leather holsters I have tried are either thin and non-rigid, or require a reinforcement around the mouth of the holster to keep the holster open once the gun is drawn. In the latter case, the holster adds considerable thickness to the total thickness that must fit within the waistband and which must be concealed. Kydex has the advantages of being both thin and rigid, which for me provides the most comfort and most effective concealment.
    I agree a thick holster defeats the purpose of a thin gun.

Has anyone tried the Raven Concealment Vanguard models that attach to the trigger guard. Not sure how well they would work with a 3” barrel
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter

This is what I use for my full-size guns (PX4 and M&P) but with a 25-degree cant. I don't have a slim 9 and use a Harry's Icon for my J frames.

Topical thread.

I've been carrying lately (P365x+407k) in a JM CK Kydex, IWB3 15 cant, with PTD loops behind the hip.

Name:  IMG_0241.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  99.0 KB

I have been experiencing some minor discomfort at the point of my hip. Enough that I'm trying various pads; this week I have the Melody Lauer holster hack in place (Dr. Scholl's Women's Gel Heel Pad). It's helping a bit.

Name:  IMG_0240.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  84.2 KB

Since I took this picture, I flipped the gel pad 180; it was pushing the grip out too much the way it was.

I remembered that previously I carried a G19/G26 as well as a HK P30SK LEM in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express (OWB Leather high riding straight drop). The position I had it was around what's normally Appendix, so I called it my "AOWB" holster. It actually worked pretty well, since in general driving the truck I would slide it back a bit seated, then skosh it over standing or walking. I don't tuck shirts and am usually in an XL Polo or T-shirt, so printing wasn't an issue, much.

I'm about ready to order another one for my P365x. Picture of a previous rig for reference:

Name:  06e6a7e32e1a85c3137bf2c81304f311.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  63.2 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 12-18-2021 at 08:07 AM.

User Tag List