Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SP2022 (culled from SCD thread)

Best description I ever heard of the 2022... “it’s a G19, with a soul”

Makes one wish for a M&P 2.0 TDA.

But....Everything coming out now has a cocked and unlocked 1911 trigger w/o a grip safety. Actually kinda scary.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Makes one wish for a M&P 2.0 TDA.

But....Everything coming out now has a cocked and unlocked 1911 trigger w/o a grip safety. Actually kinda scary.

Roger that. We need some fancy YouTube channels to promote that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Roger that. We need some fancy YouTube channels to promote that idea.
    Wont ever happen brother. They all train for .01% chance of a shooting and not the 99.9% of gun handling.

The odd thing is.... The best hand gun triggers are the single action ones on TDA guns. And getting there ain't all that tough.

In gaming that first a double action shot might be a bit slow at 25 yards but in real life it likely don't need to be that fast at 25 yards.

But Glock and Glock disciples have conditioned us that anything with more than one trigger pull or a safety is a liability.... I think in real life it's kind of the other way around.

Oh no you don’t, I’m not falling for this newest hipster pistol flavor of the month.

Again.

Not today P-F, not today!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I had an SP2022 I liked quite well. Accurate, reliable, worked. Pinched pinky on reload due to stupid clever baseplate/grip design interface pissed me off.

Yep. They took one of THE best pistols developed in the past century and blew it with that. Made it a compact that weighs as much as a fullsize, and handles like a subcompact.

The odd thing is.... The best hand gun triggers are the single action ones on TDA guns. And getting there ain't all that tough.

In gaming that first a double action shot might be a bit slow at 25 yards but in real life it likely don't need to be that fast at 25 yards.

But Glock and Glock disciples have conditioned us that anything with more than one trigger pull or a safety is a liability.... I think in real life it's kind of the other way around.
    I usually shoot better groups at 25 with just double action. Deliberate stroke or whatever, the DA first shot is usually not one I yank.

Site Supporter

Man, this thread is preaching to my DA/SA choir.

I never understood the whole “DA/SA guns are harder to shoot well” thing. Compared to what? Glocks? So you’d rather 15 vague, mediocre trigger pulls instead of 14 excellent ones?

Plus, you know… DA/SA seamlessly builds a safety into the operation of the gun.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 12-17-2021 at 11:31 PM.

A few years back when I was looking for a poly TDA to mill for a red dot, I had it narrowed down to the 2022 and the P07. Went w the P07 because there was more support for it. May have been a different outcome if the 2022 had the same level of support.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List