Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SP2022 (culled from SCD thread)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A .40 2022 with a spare .357 barrel is bucket list.
    That’s…oddly specific. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That’s…oddly specific. Why?
    I have a 9mm version, and like it enough that having a second that can cover two other chamberings I have would be good.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'll chime in on this complete thread drift...the SIG SP2022 is a significantly underrated handgun. I got mine eight years ago when it was under-priced, and I kick myself for not having picked up a second one in 40S&W at that time.

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but does anybody have experience with having a 2022 milled for 509T or Acro?

Had one. Nice gun, great trigger but it was used and came with only one rather awkward grip sleeve/panel and Dig doesn't really stock those parts. After a few years of searching on and off for the other sleeves I traded it towards the G17.5. This was around Feb of 2020.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked recently, but does anybody have experience with having a 2022 milled for 509T or Acro?
    No clue, but that’s a fantastic idea. If I knew SIG was going to continue supporting that gun for a while and not drop it like a bad habit I’d be tempted to look into it.

The SIG P2340 in 357SIG was my first handgun I bought in college.

It was a fine little gun. If I'd bought the 9mm version, I'd probably still own it.

The slide catch location was my biggest complaint. I could never get it to lock back. I've since modified my grip such that it's probably wouldn't be a problem anymore. It's a very common complaint, so this is something to tinker with before you buy.

The 357SIG was expensive and blasty AF.

Holster selection is sparse at best.

It's in a weird size zone that fits between the now large P229 and very large P226 with very little weight advantage for being polymer. I'd suggest the more modern CZ P-07 and Beretta PX4 are more size efficient polymer DA/SA guns.

Other than that, it's a good gun that seems to never have suffered from SIG's QA problems.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A .40 2022 with a spare .357 barrel is bucket list.
    I have a P2000 357 Sig lem with a spare factory 40 S&W barrel. It shoots both very close to same point of aim.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    No clue, but that’s a fantastic idea. If I knew SIG was going to continue supporting that gun for a while and not drop it like a bad habit I’d be tempted to look into it.
    These are still issued to Gendarmerie and Surete National in France as far as I know, so should have support for a while give that last award was only a few years back. There was talk of replacement at the 20 year mark from first contract, but doesn't seem that this is moving as yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    These are still issued to Gendarmerie and Surete National in France as far as I know, so should have support for a while give that last award was only a few years back. There was talk of replacement at the 20 year mark from first contract, but doesn't seem that this is moving as yet.
    Are they still extensively used in Colombia? If I were single I would be willing to go down there, investigate, and report back.

User Tag List