Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SP2022 (culled from SCD thread)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep. They took one of THE best pistols developed in the past century and blew it with that. Made it a compact that weighs as much as a fullsize, and handles like a subcompact.
    Man, the Sig Pro I shot had one of the best factory double action triggers.

Maybe I'll still go buy one and see how it compares with the P07 I've got with CGW parts, or my two Berettas with Langdon goodies.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I had one of the Ilaflon ones that were imported around 2007ish or so.

It was OK, but I found the grip too short and reloading was a pain (literally). The similarly sized P228 and P229 felt much better to me.

I kicked mine down the road.

If you have smallish hands it may be ok, but I think for a TDA polymer gun the CZ's and the Beretta PX4 are probably better options.

Seeing that the DAO hammer box kits are still available makes me want one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Had one. Extremely accurate, great trigger, awful internal magwell with a pronounced 90-degree step along the inside of the backstrap.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Oh no you don’t, I’m not falling for this newest hipster pistol flavor of the month.

Again.

Not today P-F, not today!
    Thanks for laugh out loud post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Seeing that the DAO hammer box kits are still available makes me want one.

I did a search but my Google-fu failed me. Do you have a link?
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I had one of the Ilaflon ones that were imported around 2007ish or so.

It was OK, but I found the grip too short and reloading was a pain (literally). The similarly sized P228 and P229 felt much better to me.

I kicked mine down the road.

If you have smallish hands it may be ok, but I think for a TDA polymer gun the CZ's and the Beretta PX4 are probably better options.
    As much as I love my SP2022, pretty much this. It’s not very size efficient, it’s heavy for it’s size, it’s got a surprisingly short grip, and the magwell is not great. That damn trigger though, it’s amazing out of the box, and the rest of the ergos are just great for me. Hell, even the stock texturing on the frame is about what you’d want for a good blend of carry and shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    As much as I love my SP2022, pretty much this. It’s not very size efficient, it’s heavy for it’s size, it’s got a surprisingly short grip, and the magwell is not great. That damn trigger though, it’s amazing out of the box, and the rest of the ergos are just great for me. Hell, even the stock texturing on the frame is about what you’d want for a good blend of carry and shooting.
    Yeah; that’s a good way to look at it. The mag well cutout for the baseplate design actually makes the grip even shorter, right exactly where it shouldn’t be shorter.

I never really understood the appeal of the 2022. A 226 really isn’t that much bigger than a 2022. Most of the size difference is in the barrel length. If I remember correctly there’s only like 4 ounces difference between the two? A 229 is almost exactly the same size and has the same 4 ounce difference.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I never really understood the appeal of the 2022. A 226 really isn’t that much bigger than a 2022. Most of the size difference is in the barrel length. If I remember correctly there’s only like 4 ounces difference between the two? A 229 is almost exactly the same size and has the same 4 ounce difference.
    For one thing, it cost a hell of a lot less than a 226 or 229, and came with night sights and 2 backstraps. Great introductory gun to TDA Sigs.

User Tag List