Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365X vs Glock 43X?

Are you limited to certain optics on the 365 platform? If so, which optics? Rmrcc possible?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post

The P365 mags are as durable or corrosion resistant compared to the Glock and are a lot more expensive.
    My one minor knock, based on one P365XL, one P365, and now a P365X, was in fact the magazines.

I took my P365XL through one USPSA Production match to see how it would do, and if anything odd showed up. Reloading a dropped mag after a stage, I noticed the follower had barfed out the top of the feed tube lips. I stared at it for a few seconds, then shrugged and stuffed it in and reloaded. This problem never recurred. I took all the magazines at home and found that it was pretty easy to remove the follower out of the top of the mag with light pressure using a plastic Tipton pick. This was true for all the P365 pattern mags I had (a bunch). Obviously this isn't normal use to pry on the follower, but I do believe the design is susceptible to spontaneously ejecting out of the top of the mag, but only say dropping them partially loaded at e.g. a USPSA match. To be honest I doubt most are dropping partially loaded P365 mags, given it's primary use case as a very concealable 10/12 round EDC. So this may be a moot point.

As to corrosion resistance, I treated my mags with Eezox, based on accounts I read here and elsewhere of rust on feed lips. Same for the mag catch; treated with Eezox. Whether or not it was due to this treatment, I did not have any rust issues on mine, at all (I live in FL, fairly humid).

Can't argue they are more expensive. So far the best prices I've found on the Sig mags is at Osage County Guns at $34.89.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-mag-365-9-12.html

I've never had either of these issues with any Glock mag.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    I'm SHOCKED that so many on this forum post prefer a SIG over a Gluck for CC!

I've experienced both and for many reasons chose the SIG. This alone is reason enough for me:
    If I can test fire the gun first I would probably still be with the Glock.

That being said these guns are not my edc. More like a compromise when I have no other option

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I have experience with both 43/43X/48 and P365/365XL. I used to carry a G48 or 43X but now carry a P365 MS (occasionally a P365XL MS) daily in retirement. The guns are smaller, hold more rounds, are reliable and accurate and have less perceived recoil. I have replaced the SIG green factory front sights with yellow outlined ones which makes a big difference. It took me a while to buy another SIG as everyone I bought over a period of 10 years or so had some sort of malady. They were sent back for repair then sold.

I still strongly prefer Glock in the larger sized pistols and you could not give me a P320. I wanted to try one but the drop safe-related concerns, and bent ejector issues have kept me far away. Based on what I was seeing on the P320 it took some time and a lot of research to even try a P365 last year. They have a different FCU and have had none of the reported P320 problems (when released years ago, the P365 did have their own set of problems, which by all accounts have been remedied). I still have concerns in the back of my mind about the gun being fully cocked and able to discharge if the striker were to break in a certain way, bypassing the firing pin safety. I have heard of no instance of this occurring and there are enough of the guns in use, and been tested and approved for LE use, that if this was a problem we would have heard about it long ago.

The P365 mags are as durable or corrosion resistant compared to the Glock and are a lot more expensive.
    I really think SIG would have a winner using the P365 FCU as the basis of a new line of full sized pistols.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are you limited to certain optics on the 365 platform? If so, which optics? Rmrcc possible?
    Others smarter than me can comment, but I believe the standard footprint on the X platform is the Shield RMSc. (So, Sig Romeo Zero, Shield RMSc, Holosun 407k/507k* are a direct screw on to an X slide).

A Trijicon RMRcc will not fit; I believe it has a unique footprint.

*These fit an X slide, but the Holosun footprint is a slight modification of the Shield footprint; the two rear sockets are missing and the sockets in the front are shallower. The 407k/507k still screw right on the P365x though.

Here's my 407k red 6 MOA dot going on my P365x. I really like this as a carry gun.

Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  101.8 KB

Thank you. Would rather have seen more compatibility maybe with plates or something but I get with the size of the slide it’s possible.
    If the rmrcc were doable it’s make me pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    I'm SHOCKED that so many on this forum post prefer a SIG over a Gluck for CC!
    Eh, I dunno; I'm not, really.

Most of the folks here are experienced enough to give you honest reflection, good or bad. If they tell you they prefer one or the other, it's usually a well-grounded opinion. A thing about pistol-forum I've always liked is you get what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

SIG improving the Romeo zero into a reliable, durable sight would be a total gamechanger for the P365.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Thank you. Would rather have seen more compatibility maybe with plates or something but I get with the size of the slide it’s possible.
    If the rmrcc were doable it’s make me pay more attention.
    The RMRcc can be used but requires an adapter plate which must be purchased separately. It also does not have a backup rear sight built into the optic. I would still give this optic serious consideration if/when I get a P365XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really think SIG would have a winner using the P365 FCU as the basis of a new line of full sized pistols.
    Are there significant design differences in the 365 FCU that make it more appealing, or is the main difference that it is called "365" and not "320?"
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List