Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365X vs Glock 43X?

If one has spent more than six or seven minutes on the internet researching they would find that both of these seem to be good products.

Probably best to match it too something that you have familiarity with shooting already. And then add in feature sets.

In my experience most ranges have both available to sample.

Otherwise on an open forum opinions are likely to be subjective and not objective. As always YMMV.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I thought 365x was with a longer grip? My daily is 365MS with optic slide that has a superior concealment factor over all of them while being acceptably shootable.
    I see why that is confusing. To me, a 365XL means the length of the slide, since the grip modules are so easily interchangeable. A 365X to me, means a 365 length slide that is optics cut, regardless of what grip module is installed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    I’ll be the contrarian, 43X for me. I have two, one is milled for a 507K and the other will be eventually. Had a 365X for a little over a month and had a 507K mounted to it. I liked the direct mount and loved the trigger but the grip was too skinny and too narrow front to back so there was zero room for my support hand. Both recoiled about the same for me.

Just traded the 365X for a 320X Compact because I really liked the flat face 90 degree trigger. So far I’m a fan of Sig’s G26X.
    Just FYI, it is extremely easy to mill the 43x/48 MOS yourself if you have the desire to do so and the right tools.
    I did both of mine by taking off the finish with a diamond file, dimpling the center of the rear post and using a 1/8th carbide drill bit.

Took about 20 minutes each going slow and carefully, there will be some finish missing but its hidden under the optic so who cares?

No comparison. The 365XL all day long.

I have had a G43X with Shield Arms 15rd mags and a P365X and a P365XL. I sold them all and now prefer and carry the Shield Plus 3 inch and 4 inch barreled model pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I thought 365x was with a longer grip? My daily is 365MS with optic slide that has a superior concealment factor over all of them while being acceptably shootable.
    There's an MS? What's that?

The X is the regular slide on a XL frame. It's like saying Glock 19X.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    There's an MS? What's that?

The X is the regular slide on a XL frame. It's like saying Glock 19X.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Manual safety, I assume.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Name:  142C51B1-A820-430A-BC3E-E31E5AF1D906.jpeg
Views: 4125
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  83469002-2DB1-4EFB-B8F8-47FC2A48860B.jpeg
Views: 4180
Size:  46.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have experience with both 43/43X/48 and P365/365XL. I used to carry a G48 or 43X but now carry a P365 MS (occasionally a P365XL MS) daily in retirement. The guns are smaller, hold more rounds, are reliable and accurate and have less perceived recoil. I have replaced the SIG green factory front sights with yellow outlined ones which makes a big difference. It took me a while to buy another SIG as everyone I bought over a period of 10 years or so had some sort of malady. They were sent back for repair then sold.

I still strongly prefer Glock in the larger sized pistols and you could not give me a P320. I wanted to try one but the drop safe-related concerns, and bent ejector issues have kept me far away. Based on what I was seeing on the P320 it took some time and a lot of research to even try a P365 last year. They have a different FCU and have had none of the reported P320 problems (when released years ago, the P365 did have their own set of problems, which by all accounts have been remedied). I still have concerns in the back of my mind about the gun being fully cocked and able to discharge if the striker were to break in a certain way, bypassing the firing pin safety. I have heard of no instance of this occurring and there are enough of the guns in use, and been tested and approved for LE use, that if this was a problem we would have heard about it long ago.

The P365 mags are as durable or corrosion resistant compared to the Glock and are a lot more expensive.

I'm SHOCKED that so many on this forum post prefer a SIG over a Gluck for CC!

I've experienced both and for many reasons chose the SIG. This alone is reason enough for me:
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Takedown does not require a trigger pull.

User Tag List