Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WA residents, here we go again.

WA residents, here we go again.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-restrictions/

Declare me a pessimist but since this has been an annual legislative event for about a decade now, or longer, it will probably stick at some point.

Here is our AG’s totally not-cherry-picked letter.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documen...ines_12821.pdf
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Yep -- It's great that Ferguson sees it as an "opportunity."

Fuck our AG and this bull shit.

We'll have to keep up the pressure just like we've always done in the past. Send emails, phone your representatives. And don't comply with this shit!

Might be about time to cash in on the housing market and leave!!! But damn it, I was born and raised here and these asshats are turning it into CA. 🤬

I've seen this coming for a long time. I have all of the magazines I need. I bought them this year. I keep the receipt to prove the date of purchase. I'm hoping when they pass the law existing magazines will be exempt.

Nothing else can happen in WA except magazine restrictions after this decision. It's just a matter of a year or two now.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    The 'Well I got mine' and 'I hope I get to keep mine' sorts of positions are just sour grapes, IMHO.
    I'd encourage anyone affected by this, whether they've future-proofed or not, to call your representatives. Hope is not a strategy.

We learned this the hard way in NM over the past few years with the ban on private sales and other things.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I've seen this coming for a long time. I have all of the magazines I need. I bought them this year. I keep the receipt to prove the date of purchase. I'm hoping when they pass the law existing magazines will be exempt.

Nothing else can happen in WA except magazine restrictions after this decision. It's just a matter of a year or two now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The 'Well I got mine' and 'I hope I get to keep mine' sorts of positions are just sour grapes, IMHO.
    I'd encourage anyone affected by this, whether they've future-proofed or not, to call your representatives. Hope is not a strategy.

We learned this the hard way in NM over the past few years with the ban on private sales and other things.

The "you get to keep the magazines you already own" thing only works so long. In a few years they will pass another law banning the magazines they said you could keep.

Ask me how I know.........

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It'll be interesting when they pass the assault weapons ban and we can see what's actually in it.

If it simply bans anything already defined as an assault weapon, that's pretty comprehensive because they defined any semi-auto rifle as an AW a few years ago. Including hundred year old tube-fed .22LRs. It would be a comprehensive ban of all semi-auto rifles (and I'm thinking shotguns, without taking time to remind myself). Would certainly have 2A problems in any court.

On the other hand, if it creates a new, less-inclusive definition of assault rifle, then there are two competing definitions, which at the least creates ambiguity and shows that one or more of them has to be BS.

As to Fergie's claim that there is no split in the Circuits regarding mag bans...
    It's not that there isn't a split in reality. When the legislative, executive, and judicial branches are all aligned on a political agenda, it generates an asymmetry. If they are all in favor of gun banning, the legislatures pass bills that are signed into law by executives and upheld by courts, which creates precedent. If they are all unlikely to favor gun banning, the legislatures don't pass bills, which leaves the executives out of it and effectively muzzles the courts on the topic by the lack of challenges.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The "you get to keep the magazines you already own" thing only works so long. In a few years they will pass another law banning the magazines they said you could keep.

I think they do that so they can pass the restrictions to purchase then wait a few years to make them all contraband. All I can say is good luck rounding up all those magazines.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

Yup exactly what was done in New York. First pre ban magazines were grandfathered under the states early 2000s assault weapons ban then they took that away eith the safe act. You had a year to get rid of them. Here in NJ i lost 1100 dollars of 15 round mags back in 2018 including a number of glock 19 15 rounders i paid 80 plus dollars for during the fed AWB. I had 6 months to get rid of them. Fight this as hard as possible

User Tag List