Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: JCN cuts jello with the Matriarch

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    He also makes a double edged version as well as many variations of smaller knives. Some more appropriate for puncture. Reverse and forward grip options. He’s not cheap. If you look at the original Chinese made ones they’re way cheaper.
    Money's not an issue.

Double-edged comes with certain risks/disadvantages that I'd just as soon not deal with, so I'll opt for the single-edged blade.

Thanks!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Money's not an issue.

Double-edged comes with certain risks/disadvantages that I'd just as soon not deal with, so I'll opt for the single-edged blade.

Thanks!
    https://shivworkspg.com/

The non-Ban versions are Chinese made. But Southnarc took considerable effort to ensure they are not only well made, but made in a factory with high wage and labor standards. In other words if you buy a "China Pick" you can be confident it wasn't made with slave labor.

Not to say you shouldn't buy a Ban Tang. Which conveniently are also available on the Shivworks Product Group website.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

The non-Ban versions are Chinese made. But Southnarc took considerable effort to ensure they are not only well made, but made in a factory with high wage and labor standards. In other words if you buy a "China Pick" you can be confident it wasn't made with slave labor.

Not to say you shouldn't buy a Ban Tang. Which conveniently are also available on the Shivworks Product Group website.
    I wanted to chime in, for anyone else thinking about a CP, who isn't looking to drop the moolah for a Ban Tang one: the production ones are still great knives and worth getting. More than serviceable. I'm perfectly happy with mine, debating getting one with with a 2.0 handle, just 'cause (I think I'll prefer the slimmer handle a little for concealment, and then will feel free to mod the handle on my 1.0).

Might have to change that. Knives made with oppression stab harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Might have to change that. Knives made with oppression stab harder.
    It's the rage that gets forged into the blade when made by the oppressed.

I'm not an expert in knife witchcraft or voodoo, but I think there is probably some way to make the non-oppression made knives stab harder. Blessing ritual by a Voodoo Priestess? Probably involves taint stabbing and bleeding foreheads...

I think there is probably some way to make the non-oppression made knives stab harder. Blessing ritual by a Voodoo Priestess? Probably involves taint stabbing and bleeding foreheads...
    With RGEI knives, a ritual of wide-grip lat pulls and bent over dumbbell rows done at sunrise, while chanting “motherfucker” in a Samuel L Jackson voice, for 3 fortnights should do it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    With RGEI knives, a ritual of wide-grip lat pulls and bent over dumbbell rows done at sunrise, while chanting “motherfucker” in a Samuel L Jackson voice, for 3 fortnights should do it.
    Workout modification in 3,2,1...

Name:  25a.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  36.5 KB

Neat stuff…

Name:  ADFADF2F-7943-4E23-95E0-1FC70DA50D92.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  93.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Got this today:

I have to get a feel for mounting and deploying but I’m enjoying learning about things.
    I have use for a general purpose knife and a defensive knife. If I could only carry one it would be the CP. But I am not limited in that way. My make or break point on the Matriarch, or Civilian for that matter, as "the blade" is a sheath that carries the blade open. I cut wrist bands off of a lot of hospital patients and prisoners, and I have a gut hook in my blow out kit for that. I have done ECQC with several members here, and will have my kids go through it while they are college age. I do love the Spydies though.

And before all the other cops join in on the whole seatbelt cutting issue I have done it twice in 23 years. Both times was on a crushed roll over with an obese occupant, and we couldn't reach the release. Cut the shoulder belt up by the "B" pillar. Not a statistically significant undertaking, despite my beliefs 20 years ago.

pat

User Tag List