@frozentundra
    @MDFA
    @Doc_Glock
    @RevolverRob
    @newyork
    @Blades
    @UNM1136

Okay here it is. I like it.

I did ZT then Matriarch on the bare and then reversed the order to attempt at reducing bias. The matriarch strikes felt much more solid and review of the slo mo demonstrated why that was.

It was also nice to feel what it was like to hit something solid with the blade.

I have a lot more confidence carrying this thing now.

@JCN I have a training blade for the Civilian. It was made by a guy in Colorado. I'll dig it out tomorrow and try to get the name for you. Cost me about $45 and it is aluminum.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Matriarch is a nasty beast apparently

Seems it works as designed... Nice.

Those S-curve spydercos are real matter separators. Useful and scary.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Further proof that I know I don't want to get cut... that blade definitely works as designed. Thanks for the tests JCN.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    @JCN I have a training blade for the Civilian. It was made by a guy in Colorado. I'll dig it out tomorrow and try to get the name for you. Cost me about $45 and it is aluminum.
    Much obliged!

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Those S-curve spydercos are real matter separators. Useful and scary.
    I had no idea these blades existed until your clip screw thread, so you are directly responsible for this PF enabling.

Thanks! The theory of the intended use was very attractive to me.

@Clusterfrack and I have talked about this a little.

I freely admit that if it comes to grappling or hands on, I’m generally going to be fucked and I’ll accept that.

So my personal defense selections have different distances.

I’m comfortable with my pistol range, accuracy and speed for things over one second of distance away.
    Pocket revolvers for closer distances

The matriarch looks like it’ll work well at arm distances.

Clinch pick and grappling I don’t have covered, hoping that it never gets that close.

I’m not a knife practitioner but my theory is that if I can work a fast knife draw and have some element of surprise I could dis-arm (pun intended) a casual thug.

JCN, thanks, you’ve made me want to part with more money damn it lol. Oh only have so many pockets and so much belt space haha
    Last edited by newyork; 12-22-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Much obliged!

I had no idea these blades existed until your clip screw thread, so you are directly responsible for this PF enabling.

Thanks! The theory of the intended use was very attractive to me.

@Clusterfrack and I have talked about this a little.

I freely admit that if it comes to grappling or hands on, I’m generally going to be fucked and I’ll accept that.

So my personal defense selections have different distances.

I’m comfortable with my pistol range, accuracy and speed for things over one second of distance away.
    Pocket revolvers for closer distances

The matriarch looks like it’ll work well at arm distances.

Clinch pick and grappling I don’t have covered, hoping that it never gets that close.

I’m not a knife practitioner but my theory is that if I can work a fast knife draw and have some element of surprise I could dis-arm (pun intended) a casual thug.
    One of the nice things about pocket knives is that it’s real easy to pre-draw and palm a blade so that some one can’t see it. It’s defininitely worth some practice and is something I’ve done “in the streets” when shit started getting sketchy. Luckily it never got to the point of needing to use it.

And nice test, that blade is for sure a cutter.

Hammertime
    While this test is fun and all, as someone who uses knives professionally, although not for fighting, I don't think it matters. It's kind of like the endless ammo tests we all love.

For a blade, what matters more than shape, serrations etc, is the ability to access it, and a willingness to use it. Repeatedly.

User Tag List