Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 inch GP100 .357 Shooting

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I guess I should stop into more of those pawn shops that sell guns. Dang.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That is awesome! Now you need a JMCK holster for it! I don't carry my revolver very often, but I really like the JMCK for it when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I don't carry my revolver very often...
    It's never too late to improve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Adjustable. I wasn’t looking for it, but I had to grab it when I found it!

Attachment 83298
    I thought I did well scoring mine for $505 from Bud's. That is a screaming deal for a lifetime gun.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    It's never too late to improve yourself.
    When I get my floral carved holster from Milt Sparks I will carry it more often. I am 12 weeks into the 26 week wait. I need to get a floral carved speed loader carrier as well. The biggest issue with the ones I have seen is they are made for HKS style speed loaders vice the Safariland ones I have (and prefer).

When I get my floral carved holster from Milt Sparks I will carry it more often. I am 12 weeks into the 26 week wait. I need to get a floral carved speed loader carrier as well. The biggest issue with the ones I have seen is they are made for HKS style speed loaders vice the Safariland ones I have (and prefer).
    Then they should work for comp 2s

Site Supporter
    That is awesome! Now you need a JMCK holster for it! I don't carry my revolver very often, but I really like the JMCK for it when I do.
    I just got a JMCK appendix rig for my new Shield Plus. It won’t be my last! I plan to change the sights, and the grips, and chop the hammer spur off and then carry it a lot!

Took the GP100 and M64 to the range today. I did not shoot nearly as well as I have been. Nothing horrific, but my groups were about 25% bigger (6 inches at 10 yards vice 4 inch groups at 10 that I have been shooting).

Shot the M64 with the 38 Short Colt load and had a lot of fun with it.

One of the Range Officers there gave 10 pounds of linotype so I can mess with alloying the lead that I have.

Took the GP100 out again today, shot a couple of hundred rounds. I shot some 125 cast FP bullets using the 38 Short Colt brass at 7 yards. They shot pretty well.

Before I shot the GP100 I shot 15 rounds from my Apexed M&P:

Name:  MP.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  46.9 KB

Then I shot 15 rounds from my G19 with a red dot:

Name:  G19.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  47.9 KB

I then shot a 50 round group with the GP100, using a 166 grain SWC:

Name:  GP100.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  50.3 KB

After this session I adjusted the sights 4 right. I will need to load up some more and see if that moves the group to the right enough.

All of these groups were at 7 yards. I shot a group at 10 yards and the group was a full 2 inches to the left of the bull.

I am a little disappointed with the G19 group. I may need to spend a lot more time shooting it. The Apex M&P is about as good as I can shoot right now.

I am still really enjoying the GP100 and shooting it double action.

Loaded up 75 148 grain NEI wadcutters over 3.0 grains of Titegroup.

Name:  15546947-8329-4539-9B65-01415FE2E92B.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  70.9 KB

I will shoot these on Friday along with some 166 grain bullets and some 150 grain bullets.

Name:  5E690860-797A-44FA-81C5-4D459B04E0DD.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  66.8 KB

The Starline brass is holding up great. I am on the 3rd or 4th loading on these and they still are doing fine.

User Tag List