Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 inch GP100 .357 Shooting

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Marlin 1894c
    1894cs
    Iron sights on a carbine have defeated my vision... "No más!" I am hoping Ruger can straighten things out fast enough that I can get an 1894CSBL before the sand runs out of my hourglass. There is an Aimpoint Micro sitting here waiting... waiting...

Back when I was still able to use a .357 Rossi 92 Trapper without eyestrain, I briefly had it paired with a (then newly released) .357 4" Ruger SP101. THAT was the best-balanced revolver I had used in ages, and I regret not appreciating it enough at the time; my current GP100 is probably a better utility gun, but that SP was a joy to tote by comparison.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That would leave me forever pissed off. But I am Scottish..
    I only get pissed when I think about it. Trusted somebody I shouldn't have, lessons learned. Dude died young from a nasty disease, so maybe karma...
    Even more pissed about the M-15 that was taken in the same burglary. Was my first gun I bought (under supervision) in 1973 with money I made, no shit, delivering newspapers.

The GP100 does grow on you, I acquired mine through trading my GP100 6" to a guy in Florida who wanted the 6" more... I like the 4.2" MC better, and the only thing
    I want to change is putting tritium Novak sights on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Old Wheel Gunner; 12-19-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Here is the mod I did to the factory Novak FO the came on my WC. The FO ended up smaller than stock and really improved the sight pic.

Front Sight improvement mod on the Wiley Clapp (pistol-forum.com)

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    ... a (then newly released) .357 4" Ruger SP101. THAT was the best-balanced revolver I had used in ages, and I regret not appreciating it enough at the time; my current GP100 is probably a better utility gun, but that SP was a joy to tote by comparison.
    The one that got away. Not a GP100, but a 4" Ruger .357 nonetheless. It is still a beautiful "pointer," though under new ownership.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wheel Gunner View Post
    The GP100 does grow on you, I acquired mine through trading my GP100 6" to a guy in Florida who wanted the 6" more... I like the 4.2" MC better, and the only thing
    I want to change is putting tritium Novak sights on it.
    Agree, took a while for me too. Part of it was that the factory grips don't fit my hand very well, part was the green blob of a front sight on the MC. That's a Novak tritium on the photo below, it's .265 tall and works well with the factory rears. I'm debating whether to keep that setup or go with Rough Country rear sights since I already have a set; but those seem to require a little taller front sight.

Name:  IMG_4326.JPG
Views: 743
Size:  60.0 KB

Took this one to the range earlier today and it shot well with both 38 Short Colt and with a mild magnum load.

Salamander: Who made the grips on your MC? And how do they fit? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Iron sights on a carbine have defeated my vision... "No más!"
    Does XS still make a scout mount for the Marlin?

Name:  6FFB6127-FCAC-47C5-B770-30B3F3677225.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  48.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Does XS still make a scout mount for the Marlin?
    Last I knew, both the LeverRail and LeverScout were still available... at least for 1894s. I had fit problems putting a LeverRail on a very late JM 1894CS, but that particular gun had a lot of other issues as well, and XS was not at fault.
    gn

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Finding a 6” Security Six, doing a bit of a trigger job and then shortening the barrel to 5.25” might make for a budget MR-73.
    Or an MR88 Target.

User Tag List