Thread: LCRX 22

Site Supporter

LCRX 22

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.
    Lgs has one and I'm thinking it would make a good DA trainer / plinker,
    I've been blowing through some 38's these days and it's getting expensive.

Lots of good LCR .22 threads on here. My LCR is great, good with minimags, will shoot into quarter size hole at 4 or 5 yards with blaser .22s totally reliable. Only thing I did was paint fromt with yellow dayglo. I expect others will chime in. I am thinking about a .22 WMR, toss ip hammer no hammer? Will probably go with hammer so my littles can shoot it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Lots of good LCR .22 threads on here. My LCR is great, good with minimags, will shoot into quarter size hole at 4 or 5 yards with blaser .22s totally reliable. Only thing I did was paint fromt with yellow dayglo. I expect others will chime in. I am thinking about a .22 WMR, toss ip hammer no hammer? Will probably go with hammer so my littles can shoot it.

Thanks, I've read everything I could search out,
    There seems to be more info on the LCR,
    Curious if there's anything new on the X, I know
    they're the same but different, barrel / sights

Site Supporter
    Are you asking about the 2" or 3" version? IIRC, the only differences between the LCR and 2" LCRX are the exposed hammer spur allowing single action and that the back strap is slightly lower, which may cause issues with certain grips.

I have the 3" model, though I honestly haven't wrung it out much.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Are you asking about the 2" or 3" version? IIRC, the only differences between the LCR and 2" LCRX are the exposed hammer spur allowing single action and that the back strap is slightly lower, which may cause issues with certain grips.

I have the 3" model, though I honestly haven't wrung it out much.

He has the 3" on the shelf, makes sense on the back strap but, hadn't thought of it.

I have the 3" and it is really great as a revolver/DA trainer, as a lightweight pack/kit/camping/plinking gun, and could even be a carry gun for a person who is absolutely averse to recoil.

Pros:
    -the gun is so lightweight you actually get some recoil from 22lr, making it kind of better as a trainer than something like my Ruger MKIV which is such a different experience from shooting a 'real gun'
    -very mechanically accurate
    -extremely reliable, I have read about issues of various kinds with certain other 22lr revolvers. Mine always goes bang and I basically never clean it or even lube it.
    -trigger is smooth, though heavy. Great for a DA trainer.

Cons:
    -trigger is heavy, both DA and SA, compared to nicer centerfire revolvers, and using a lighter hammer spring would probably effect the reliability. However, it isn't all THAT heavy, I have no problem making fast hits in DA. For comparison, it is better in DA than my LTT 92 with 22lr kit, using a hammer spring that insures good reliability.
    -not pretty
    -BIG ONE: front sight. With the stock front sight mine shot significantly to 12 0 clock with the rear sight fully adjusted. That meant using a different sight picture/hold than all my other guns, not a good thing for a gun whos primary purpose is to build skills to carry over to other guns. I replaced it with a tritium front sight which allows me to have the sight properly adjusted, but the sight is so wide I can't shoot it with the same degree of precision I could before. Maybe this is just my revolver that had this issue?

I don’t believe that there has been any reliability difference between the two. The DA pull honestly isn't any worse than a stock J. The extra sight radius will improve shootability.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    I picked up a 3" yesterday and ran 90 +/- rd's of mixed Aguila,
    Blazer 40gr standard pressure along with some Stinger's.
    The Aguila and Blazer's shot well, mostly keeping within a
    couple of inches at 8yd's and SA would often be an inch or so,
    the Stinger's were considerably more spread out with a considerably
    lower poi.
    Out of the box, I brought the sight up a couple of clicks and poi
    was pretty good for the Aguila and Blazer, at 25yd's I kept most on
    a 10" plate, but with 12-15" of sloppy snow and having to jump a
    3" stream to get to my 25yd target area, I'll wait another couple of
    weeks for some more melting to shoot paper at that distance.
    I started by shooting a cylinder of each sa and the rest were shot da
    While the trigger's certainly heavy, it's smooth and very stage able.
    Last night I moved the 2 finger grip from my 38 to the 22 until
    a replacement shows up in the mail.
    The gun shop's only 6mi from home so I'll pick up some bulk Aguila,
    Blazer and see what else is on the shelf to try today.
    So far, it seems the little 3" 22 will serve it's intended purpose well.

User Tag List