Thread: Beretta grip screw bushing

Beretta grip screw bushing

Quick question for Beretta people.

I was changing grips on a 92 and a bushing came out when removing the grip screw. I see they are staked from the factory.

Can I just throw some red Loc-tite on it and be good? Or is it preferred they are staked?

Name:  836D4011-76DE-4A3A-B423-2975C6E79C5B.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  334B1E55-6BF0-4E3F-A784-17F4B87EDDEC.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  48.9 KB

Per an old armorer’s manual. Hope this helps. If it were mine, I’d Loctite it if the threads seem okay.

Assuming it's not stripped red loctite should work fine.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Thanks guys. Threads are good they just backed out with the screw. I will put some red loctite on it and call it good.

What is the torque spec for the grip bushing? I've had some trouble recently with these. About to replace a grip bushing on an LTT Centurion and restake because one came loose and I boogered it up from retightening with a field expedient tool instead of a bushing driver. The frame threads are fine and I have the bushing driver and Beretta grip bushing staking tool at home.

This is the second Gallatin gun I've had the grip bushing(s) back out on. The first being a 92DXR where they weren't even staked.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    What is the torque spec for the grip bushing? I've had some trouble recently with these. About to replace a grip bushing on an LTT Centurion and restake because one came loose and I boogered it up from retightening with a field expedient tool instead of a bushing driver. The frame threads are fine and I have the bushing driver and Beretta grip bushing staking tool at home.

This is the second Gallatin gun I've had the grip bushing(s) back out on. The first being a 92DXR where they weren't even staked.
    The M9 TM says sung.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The M9 TM says sung.
    Gallatin is close enough to Nashville, I’ll bet they can find someone to sing to the bushings as they install them.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The M9 TM says sung.
    Thanks. I figured 15 inch lbs would fit the snug definition but the bushing driver slips easily and tears up the shallow slot when approaching that level of torque. So, I think next time I will just do 10-12 inch lbs, which should be plenty with Loctite and/or staking the back side.

User Tag List