Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: JCN is still dumb. More revolver experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Maybe put the view barrel on the .380?
    I could, but that's a lot of work for not much benefit.

I'd be more likely to cut an inch off one of the 342s...

I also wonder if a local shop could cut the bottom of a 342 off, shorten the grip and re-weld the bottom higher without violating any ATF serial number laws.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I also wonder if a local shop could cut the bottom of a 342 off, shorten the grip and re-weld the bottom higher without violating any ATF serial number laws.
    Pretty sure the answer is no, because during the time it was cut off, it would be violating the law.

I believe there is a process for requesting permission to move a serial number in a single incidence, but my understanding is it's a PITA and the answer is generally, "NO," anyway.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Pretty sure the answer is no, because during the time it was cut off, it would be violating the law.

I believe there is a process for requesting permission to move a serial number in a single incidence, but my understanding is it's a PITA and the answer is generally, "NO," anyway.
    Novak or Yost or someone... suffering from CRS on the specifics. IIRC, used to have a variance (or some such permission) to move them on BHP’s as I recall for stippling. But yeah, my recollection is it was a royal PITA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I could, but that's a lot of work for not much benefit.

I'd be more likely to cut an inch off one of the 342s...

You could remove the barrel like one genius did on a Taurus Judge to get better patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Cut front frame and remove the section to shorten, then partially cut rear forming a hinge point, bend till front is aligned, and tack weld then finish with rear frame adjustment and weld. Never remove base just re shape the frame.

Wadcutters

Going to test velocity of the Gold Medal wadcutters in different barrel lengths.

Name:  04B963E9-F552-497D-BE99-F988AC610725.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  97.3 KB

View… not bad

Viable ballistics in the 1” barrel

User Tag List