Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Guide: 1911

Site Supporter

Vickers Guide: 1911

I just received my copy of the two-volume Vickers Guide: 1911 today. For fans of the 1911, the books are full of great photos and lots of information. This second edition has improvements over the original that sold out a few years ago. For anyone interested here is a link: https://www.vickersguide.com/purchase/1911-set

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I just received my copy of the two-volume Vickers Guide: 1911 today. For fans of the 1911, the books are full of great photos and lots of information. This second edition has improvements over the original that sold out a few years ago. For anyone interested here is a link: https://www.vickersguide.com/purchase/1911-set
    I ordered mine back in early July when they were announced. I still haven't got mine yet, and I know people who ordered later have got theirs already

Mine showed up today.

My order (#17889) was placed on July 9th and was delivered on Dec 10th. Unfortunately, I didn't get a shipment notification or a Tracking number so it sat on the back porch in the rain all night. Thankfully, the shrink-wrapping protected the books from the elements.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I ordered on the 3rd of July and haven't received mine yet but I live in a bit of a rural area and mail moves a little slower. For those who received them were they shipped USPS, UPS, or Fedex?

Interesting there is no shipping notification. I have only ordered once before and I was given shipping notification, tracking, etc. I am eager to receive mine!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I ordered on the 3rd of July and haven't received mine yet but I live in a bit of a rural area and mail moves a little slower. For those who received them were they shipped USPS, UPS, or Fedex?
    UPS in my case.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I ordered mine back in early July when they were announced. I still haven't got mine yet, and I know people who ordered later have got theirs already
    Well, guess what showed up? No shipping email, and my order date was july3

also turns out I previously owned the first gun in book2, the king's gun. I sold it, because I was daunted by the task of rebuilding it

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    also turns out I previously owned the first gun in book2, the king's gun. I sold it, because I was daunted by the task of rebuilding it
    Do I have to buy a copy of the book to see a picture of the gun? 😀

User Tag List