Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida LE jobs

Florida LE jobs

Here in Wisconsin we have a state run website that lists most, if not all, LE job postings in addition to other LE stuff from the state.
    https://wilenet.widoj.gov/employment...-opportunities

Is there something similar for Florida?

We are looking at relocating, probably in the next couple years. I figured it would be easier to find a job if there was a central repository rather than search every city in the state.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Here in Wisconsin we have a state run website that lists most, if not all, LE job postings in addition to other LE stuff from the state.
    https://wilenet.widoj.gov/employment...-opportunities

Is there something similar for Florida?

We are looking at relocating, probably in the next couple years. I figured it would be easier to find a job if there was a central repository rather than search every city in the state.

Thanks!
    I have no idea, but if you haven't already, take a look at this https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Exam/Exam-Home.aspx. A lot of departments require it before hiring.

Any idea where you'd like to live?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have no idea, but if you haven't already, take a look at this https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Exam/Exam-Home.aspx. A lot of departments require it before hiring.

Any idea where you'd like to live?
    Thinking central-ish or gulf side. Somewhere around Orlando possibly. But also used to visit my Aunt and Grandma down around Naples and Ft Myers area as a kid/ young adult and liked it around there back then. Obviously still in the early stages of this, but my wife and I are seriously talking about it. Her company is headquartered down in FL so the transfer is easy for her.

As someone who recently moved to the Tampa Bay area, I suggest spending a week or so in the area you are considering. Florida is a big state, and it offers quite a bit of different communities. Each area has its own vibe, so be sure to find one that fits what you like.

I live gulf side. Hour and a half or so north in Citrus County. I am not LEO, but have looked at that line of work.

The local sheriff is always hiring, but has a reputation of lower pay than surrounding areas. Sheriff Grady Judd is in the region, Polk county. Perhaps worth a look.

May check out National Testing Network. It's heavily used in Ohio and the only avenue from which I hire from.

Thanks everyone!

My hometown PD (Leesburg, FL) has been advertising on FB recently.
    Here's a link
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My hometown PD (Leesburg, FL) has been advertising on FB recently.
    Here's a link
    I bought my ST1100 at a Honda dealership in Leesburg back in 1995. Was an interesting day riding up and trading in my Magna then turning around and riding back to Key Biscayne right afterward.

Had a little tete-a-tete with a bunch of Outlaws on the way home at a gas station.

As I say, interesting day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I am a long retired officer out of Miami Dade county. I think you will find that most all agencies are hiring at this time. Pay close attention to several things. Housing and related costs, insurance, property taxes, etc., can vary wildly. Many agencies will require you to live within their jurisdiction. Retirement plans can also vary from city to city, as will how sound they are. All Sheriffs Depts. are in the State retirement system, which is relatively sound, but has changed substantially since I retired.

User Tag List