Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB survey on IDPA's website

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The guy on Enos was misremembering Gabe White, but @lespepperoni is a GM and he has done concealed AIWB at matches.
    ... but lespepperoni is ^allegedly a GM and...

FIFY.

http://instagram.com/p/CUTDC8QD-gV/

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    For me, it is also about the caliber of the people and the quality of the stages: the Lakeland IDPA club in FL and the McHenry IDPA guys in IL are some good people.

They also make great stages - I'll burn a Saturday shooting the Lakeland folks.
    My original post said "Eventually I figured out that that was a really stupid reason not to go have fun with my friends", but I figured nobody here would believe that I have (had?) friends.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    It does, but only anecdotally. I’d rather we go into a fight with guns we like/are comfortable with than a mandated compatible magazine. There have been many other things that have ruined days more than compatibility issues.
    Couldn’t agree more. On size does not fit all.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ... but lespepperoni is ^allegedly a GM and...

FIFY.

http://instagram.com/p/CUTDC8QD-gV/
    As an IDPA national champion, an IDPA Distinguished Master, who also happens to be a USPSA GM, who is incredibly good with AIWB, I think your thoughts on this carry more weight than most.

So why a Beretta?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    As an IDPA national champion, an IDPA Distinguished Master, who also happens to be a USPSA GM, who is incredibly good with AIWB, I think your thoughts on this carry more weight than most.

So why a Beretta?
    I think @Les Pepperoni should write an email to IDPA saying that I’m IDPA DM and I promise not to shoot my dick off if you let me run crotchoptics.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think @Les Pepperoni should write an email to IDPA saying that I’m IDPA DM and I promise not to shoot my dick off if you let me run crotchoptics.
    #CrotchOptics

Site Supporter
    I voted. I thought the holstering after load and make ready and then putting the holster and gun in your pants was ridiculous. SO can you hold my sweaty holster while I load and make ready, now can you hold my holstered pistol while I top off my magazine and place it in the holster. Now let my get the holster into my pants...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I voted. I thought the holstering after load and make ready and then putting the holster and gun in your pants was ridiculous. SO can you hold my sweaty holster while I load and make ready, now can you hold my holstered pistol while I top off my magazine and place it in the holster. Now let my get the holster into my pants...
    I thought that was an interesting idea to get around holstering with aiwb. I think it would pretty much make a clip on holster mandatory. I don't think you'd have to get someone to hold your holster or anything.

- unclip gun/holster, hold pistol grip out in front of you pointing down range
    - remove holster off gun, clip onto a pocket or belt
    - load and make gun ready
    - pull holster off pocket/belt and put gun in
    - put gun/holster onto belt

I do find it a little silly and overly cautious but I'd be willing to put up with it to be able to shoot IDPA from aiwb. I think most gun games have some of that.

I did find it silly that they asked weather or not allowing a sidecar magazine attached to holster or appendix mags should be allowed or was dangerous (or something like that). Who cares about where the spare mag/reload comes from?
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Yeah, this. Or.... keep the other hand away from the muzzle and just reholster. I said something to the extent of "watch people reholster in all positions and then rethink this question."
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I thought that was an interesting idea to get around holstering with aiwb. I think it would pretty much make a clip on holster mandatory. I don't think you'd have to get someone to hold your holster or anything.

- unclip gun/holster, hold pistol grip out in front of you pointing down range
    - remove holster off gun, clip onto a pocket or belt
    - load and make gun ready
    - pull holster off pocket/belt and put gun in
    - put gun/holster onto belt

I do find it a little silly and overly cautious but I'd be willing to put up with it to be able to shoot IDPA from aiwb. I think most gun games have some of that.

I did find it silly that they asked weather or not allowing a sidecar magazine attached to holster or appendix mags should be allowed or was dangerous (or something like that). Who cares about where the spare mag/reload comes from?

My take is that the powers that be at IDPA are terrified of someone shooting themselves in the pee pee while reholstering or drawing.

You can theoretically buy your first gun and holster on Friday night and come to the match Saturday morning and shoot as "Unclassified". At least if they are carrying strong side when they pull the trigger with the gun half in and half out of the holster they are more likely to have a superficial butt cheek or outer thigh crease wound than to shoot themselves in a less survivable area. I think THAT is what the issue has been , especially with this ridiculous "take the holster off " proposal. That is also why they don't let you draw a gun from a holster in a vehicle in IDPA so you don't sweep yourself....yet there are ways to draw a gun (even from AIWB) in a vehicle and still not shoot yourself.

How many people carry AIWB and yet still manage to NOT shoot themselves every day while drawing and holstering? IDPA needs to step into the 21st century. Carry optic guns in AIWB is not just science fiction any more, it is squarely in the norm now.

If they want to mitigate the risk of newbys and AIWB then make it Expert level and above only for AIWB use. That way the folks doing it have (theoretically) proven they have a fair grasp of safe gun handling. I voted for allowing it , against the taking off the holster, and OK on the mag pouch to the front.

Funny enough I shoot strong side IWB with the gun at about 2 o'clock which is still IDPA legal so this doesn't really effect me one way or the other but I think IDPA really needs to approve AIWB. They just need to make sure no one gets in a hurry to holster after they load and make ready.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 12-20-2021 at 06:11 PM.

User Tag List