Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB survey on IDPA's website

The most important question: can you conceal AIWB under a gamer vest?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A Benos expert said there is a GM AIWB concealed so if IDPA doesn't get the word, there is a place to go.

What is the likihood of a cop or anybody reloading under fire before his gun is empty?
    The guy on Enos was misremembering Gabe White, but @lespepperoni is a GM and he has done concealed AIWB at matches.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The most important question: can you conceal AIWB under a gamer vest?
    I have with Velcro center attached vest so it stays open for reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    What is the likihood of a cop or anybody reloading under fire before his gun is empty?
    Several of my partners did so. One of them I currently work with did it twice in a single gunfight while it was still going on. Even more interesting is he did an in-battery the first time and a tac-load the second.

Another partner, a while retired now, did an in-battery and then picked up the mag (he dropped it on the trunk of a car).

One of my friends (and Sgt) back in the day was in a gunfight with three bad guys when he and his trainee arrived to the scene of a home invasion robbery with the family tied up in the backyard... except that the call was not a robbery so they had no idea what they were walking into. After the trainee took frag to the face and couldn't see, and he was running low on ammunition... He started telling the trainee to give him her magazines. It was a multi-minute gunfight and I don't know if he actually ran out or was just getting close. Like I said... "almost" non existant... not totally.

Competition needs rules... But if a "sport" is going to claim realism over other "sports"... the rules should reflect reality. Otherwise it's just another sport and that's OK.

Meh. Unless there is a dedicated small optic gun division, not seeing an attraction, at least for me. I can already shoot out of AIWB in USPSA if I really want to.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Meh. Unless there is a dedicated small optic gun division, not seeing an attraction, at least for me. I can already shoot out of AIWB in USPSA if I really want to.
    For most people, personal logistics are such that having another match option to shoot in a given month would be welcome.

Frankly that’s part of the reason I do t get 90% of the indignant over IDPA rules. Yeah, it’s the special Olympics of the shooting games, but then shouldn’t it be easy to show up and beat all the tactards?

For me, when I had regular access to matches, I chose the match that worked with my schedule and didn’t get too wrapped around the axle about whether it worked with my “carry” setup or not. Eventually I figured out that that was a really stupid reason not to go have fun.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    One of my friends (and Sgt) back in the day was in a gunfight with three bad guys when he and his trainee arrived to the scene of a home invasion robbery with the family tied up in the backyard... except that the call was not a robbery so they had no idea what they were walking into. After the trainee took frag to the face and couldn't see, and he was running low on ammunition... He started telling the trainee to give him her magazines. It was a multi-minute gunfight and I don't know if he actually ran out or was just getting close. Like I said... "almost" non existant... not totally.
    This also supports the argument magazine compatibility between officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This also supports the argument magazine compatibility between officers.
    It does, but only anecdotally. I’d rather we go into a fight with guns we like/are comfortable with than a mandated compatible magazine. There have been many other things that have ruined days more than compatibility issues.

Done. Thanks for the heads up.

As an SO I am nervous about it, but was supportive with the recommendation they do a video to update SOs on proper procedures for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    For me, when I had regular access to matches, I chose the match that worked with my schedule and didn’t get too wrapped around the axle about whether it worked with my “carry” setup or not. Eventually I figured out that that was a really stupid reason not to go have fun.
    For me, it is also about the caliber of the people and the quality of the stages: the Lakeland IDPA club in FL and the McHenry IDPA guys in IL are some good people.

They also make great stages - I'll burn a Saturday shooting the Lakeland folks.

User Tag List