Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB survey on IDPA's website

AIWB survey on IDPA's website

So just found out via Instagram, that IDPA has a survey available to members asking their thoughts about allowing AIWB in IDPA.

Was fortunate that I kept my membership active even though I don't really shoot it any more. Was quite shocked it wasn't a joke and that is was really on their website.

Never say never I guess, even though Joyce was just on a podcast that recently came out stating that it "would never be allowed in IDPA".
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Responded, thanks

Site Supporter
    Responded as well.

I'm not a member, am I able to vote? I'm assuming no. I'd give IDPA a serious look vs USPSA if I could play with my regular gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm not a member, am I able to vote? I'm assuming no. I'd give IDPA a serious look vs USPSA if I could play with my regular gear.
    Have to be a member.

I am all in on USPSA right now but would definitely be shooting IDPA regularly if aiwb was allowed.
    I still think USPSA is better for several reasons, but shooting one where concealment is required - thats a no brainer for which one to shoot with carry set up.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

So write in and say you will join if they play by your rules.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    So write in and say you will join if they play by your rules.
    I didn't mean to imply I want them to play by my rules. Sorry if thats how it came across. I just meant I'd probably enjoy a concealed game more, and can't play the way I normally conceal. Obviously it's up to IDPA members and leadership to male chouces for themselves. My opinion holds no weight and shouldn't.

I responded. I think competition has a danger in the "rule" aspect that it can become obsolete if not managed correctly. I say this having managed the PPC event at the World Police and Fire Games several years ago and having not shot PPC since around 2003 or 2004, was almost completely unfamiliar with it. I had to learn just about everything from scratch and what I found was that it's a really neat sport, but hasn't adapted well to the times and is slowly dying as the "old guard" dies off.

On the flip side, my fellow instructor staff, who is much more on the USPSA side of the isle, showed me how something good but "boomer" can be dismissed because it's not fast and cool.

In my mind, IDPA is starting to move into the same trajectory as PPC if they don't start being better at adapting. I've been carrying AIWB since 2011 and we've been teaching it for off-duty for one of the biggest LE departments in the country for about as long. We've even incorporated it in our academy training.

Like was mentioned above, if IDPA is supposed to be "realistic"... My reality is a G19 with an Aimpoint ACRO and a TLR-7A carrried AIWB with a spare mag next to it. If competition doesn't let me use that, there are still benefits (just like there is still good with PPC) but when the option is there (hi USPSA) I'll gravitate towards shooting sports that for me and for shooting skill (I don't consider any of the current shooting sports "tactical" - they reinforce and validate fundamental handgun skills through the use of stress and cognitive distraction) are more "realistic".

The in-battery speed reload is another "rule" that drives me nuts... I get it for some, but if my duty belt has three spare magazines (it does)... Let's imagine the scenario where I've gone through every round in all my other magazines and I need to get that partial out to finish the fight... and compare it to the potential to be killed or set up to be killed while reloading.

I'll just flat out say it... You're more likely to die because the reload took to long than because you ran out of all your ammo. Reloads in civilian self defense are almost non-existent. Instances of cops going through all their ammo is almost non-existent... Cops getting killed reloading or because their reload took too long are rare but far from non-existent. IDPA rules sacrifice the likely for the very unlikely and discourages independent thought - that important cognitive element of competition.

A Benos expert said there is a GM AIWB concealed so if IDPA doesn't get the word, there is a place to go.

What is the likihood of a cop or anybody reloading under fire before his gun is empty?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I emailed them.

I was going to ask for 15 round capacity since the best selling carry gun in the US (from what I hear), the P365 can do that but figured the Wilson Combat overlords wouldn’t like hearing that.

But I would love a small gun, high cap, optic enabled gun carried AIWB division. Because that’s how I actually carry.

I would love them to give the highest cap to the smallest guns to have people favor those in competition.

User Tag List