Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AIWB survey on IDPA's website

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Then there is the gun issue. A self garage smith with a P320 and 1.5 trigger running AIWB scares me regardless of the experience level.
    That’s absolutely insane! I would hope this isn’t very common, but something tells me it might be…?

I voted yes without any restrictions. That being said, at my local IDPA club anytime there is a seated start (e.g. from inside the car prop) the WSB calls for the gun to be placed on the dash or center console. Not saying this should be a rulebook requirement, but maybe as a best practice. Kinda like when designing a USPSA stage that calls for a gun-loaded-n-holstered facing uprange start I found it reduces the potential for an uprange draw if the WSB calls for wrists above shoulders. Again, not a requirement in the rulebook thing but a ‘best practices’ based on observations from working major matches.

However one thought did occur to me: If IDPA does allow AIWB I’m curious how or if they are going to continue to enforce the requirement for the holster and mag pouch to be worn behind the hip bone (I think the exact wording is trigger is behind the centerline of the side).

One possible solution I thought of was if wearing an OWB holster/mag pouches then the afore mentioned rule should apply. However if gun and mags are carried IWB, then the position should be allowed in front of the centerline/hipbone as long as it is concealed by the cover garment that is closed in the front. Maybe this is my inner disdain for the “IDPA vest” and AIWB/IWB user should wear a sweatshirt, button up, or even T-shirt to conceal their carry gear.

And the Survey Says:

Survey results out today 1/10.
    68% of responses say to allow AIWB in IDPA competition.
    Strangely only 48% say that they wear AIWB.
    Maybe at least some of the 20% is from repressive jurisdictions. Surely some are like me who don't but think freestyle is what counts.

"Our rules committee is studying the results."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Why is that strange? I supported APP carry option for IDPA competition, but have no intention of carrying in that manner, nor am I a personal fan of such.

Site Supporter
    That makes sense. I really don't care unless you hold up a match because we have to put a tourniquet on your ding dong.

Not optimistic that Joyce/Bill/IDPA green light this (only shoot IDPA when USPSA is dark) but as a longtime AIWB EDC doofus I would like the option to shoot it in that manner 1 Sat a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Survey results out today 1/10.
    68% of responses say to allow AIWB in IDPA competition.
    Strangely only 48% say that they wear AIWB.
    Maybe at least some of the 20% is from repressive jurisdictions. Surely some are like me who don't but think freestyle is what counts.

"Our rules committee is studying the results."
    What surprised me a bit was that only 1338 members took the time to respond. Of course I am guessing a lot o members just didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Why is that strange? I supported APP carry option for IDPA competition, but have no intention of carrying in that manner, nor am I a personal fan of such.
    Well, it’s a little strange because not only does someone who doesn’t AIWB have to not care if others do, but also has to not care so much that they bother to take the time to go vote in a poll to express their not-caring.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That makes sense. I really don't care unless you hold up a match because we have to put a tourniquet on your ding dong.
    I’d been giving this thread some thought, and kind of arrived at the same conclusion.

If some jagoff wants to shoot himself in the dick trying to be internut cool at a gun game it’s really not my problem except that (a) as you point out it’s going to affect everyone else’s match that day and (b) the liability issues could cause problems for the facility, club, and potentially even it’s officers in today’s litigious world.

But the I’m edited risk in this type of carry is almost entirely to the jagoff, vs what I’ve seen (like others have posted) where behind-the-hip shooters seem to be often blissfully unaware of where that muzzle winds up pointing during “load and make ready”, probably precisely because it’s not themselves they are putting at risk.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List