Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can NAVY SEALS Convince GREEN BERET to Switch to Sig Sauer -- Parts 1 and 2

lets also understand that every one of these retired .mil guys is on youtube for the money (rightfully so). They are creating entertaining content that either promotes their own line of products or products made by brands that compensate them for their work.

Sig has done a great job of getting their brand woven into content - just pick up a book from Jack Carr and his characters are armed with Sig guns. Watch his Youtube video and see a PAID promotion of Sig products.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Is PF really going to have a Glock grip angle debate?

Anyone who can't train through the minor ergo differences on any of the common platforms has bigger problems. I've seen newbie shooters gravitate to all platforms and grip angles. One is not better than the rest, and even the one that doesn't "point naturally" is still capable of high performance.

Reaching proficiency with a pistol is about doing the work to get there, not debating grip angles.
    DJ's argument is not one of can you run a Glock well, it's whether most people would have a shorter learning curve with something that aligns more instinctively for them personally. I don't know about what he's saying being true but I certainly buy into the whole instinctive firing without verifying sights being a real thing and point shooting is very common when bullets start flying and you have to react fast. What he's arguing is that after running Sigs for years and trying to transition to Glock's many of these 'operators' who he trained with didn't have an easy transition. These are guys with more training than most and they are having a hard time. If you run Glock's you better stick with them, otherwise stay away from them... that's what I'd tell people anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Is PF really going to have a Glock grip angle debate?

Anyone who can't train through the minor ergo differences on any of the common platforms has bigger problems. I've seen newbie shooters gravitate to all platforms and grip angles. One is not better than the rest, and even the one that doesn't "point naturally" is still capable of high performance.

Reaching proficiency with a pistol is about doing the work to get there, not debating grip angles.
    I don't discuss grip angles because there's no discussion to be had. Not because grip angle doesn't matter but because all too often the discussion devolves into "if you can't shoot a Glock, you can't shoot" or "suck it up, buttercup and put in the work".

I am fortunate that as a slobvilian, I don't have to shoot a Glock. For me, dealing with the Glock grip angle is more work. That means time and ammo. A good friend of mine has carried a Glock for years, shot it well and always told there is no other duty handgun for him. He's has recently switched to another handgun. It surprised me. After the switch, he admitted he carried a Glock only because it was required by his agency. (The agency has since changed its policy.) He never liked the grip angle even after shooting his Glock enough to wear out his barrel.

I'm not saying because I don't like the grip angle the Glock is a horrible handgun. But when I do point out the grip angle isn't for me, I get treated like that's what I am saying and it gets old.

So yeah- I don't like the Glock grip angle so there's no reason to discuss it.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    DJ's argument is not one of can you run a Glock well, it's whether most people would have a shorter learning curve with something that aligns more instinctively for them personally. I don't know about what he's saying being true but I certainly buy into the whole instinctive firing without verifying sights being a real thing and point shooting is very common when bullets start flying and you have to react fast. What he's arguing is that after running Sigs for years and trying to transition to Glock's many of these 'operators' who he trained with didn't have an easy transition. These are guys with more training than most and they are having a hard time. If you run Glock's you better stick with them, otherwise stay away from them... that's what I'd tell people anyways.
    More training that most means that habits are more engrained than most, therefore it makes sense that it’s a harder transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Sig has done a great job of getting their brand woven into content - just pick up a book from Jack Carr and his characters are armed with Sig guns. Watch his Youtube video and see a PAID promotion of Sig products.
    If only Sig put more of that sweet, sweet marketing money into QC.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Agreed, but dollar for dollar, product placement generates a better ROI.

I learned my lesson twice in the recent years. Purchased an early 365xl, and had issues. Placed a deposit on a Cross at the sig academy pro shop, and was refunded when Sig ran into issues with the initial batch of rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Double and triple this.

What’s going on culturally in the veteran community?

I mean stylistically, lately its always some sort of “consultant” group that all look like they are professional skateboarders rather than former military. Every other word is an expletive to the point that sometimes I lose track of the actually content they are trying to share. Or on the other hand it’s some sort of homo erotic over sexualized video that depicts veterans as drunken buffoons. Also they all seem to sell T shirts and stickers.

Edit: I looked into more of this “groups” videos.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

I think I have PTSD after listening to the Shipley/Ryan podcast. Holy crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If you run Glock's you better stick with them, otherwise stay away from them... that's what I'd tell people anyways.
    One could say the same thing about Berettas, 1911s, and Sigs.

Developing a reliable natural point of aim (index) takes practice. I don't buy that a more vertical grip is more intuitive.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List