Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can NAVY SEALS Convince GREEN BERET to Switch to Sig Sauer -- Parts 1 and 2

Can NAVY SEALS Convince GREEN BERET to Switch to Sig Sauer -- Parts 1 and 2

Some interesting points. Not the first time we've heard complaints about the Glock grip angle. Also not the first time we've seen discussions on slide back plate index.

Watched this when first released. Content aside, I have found the rabbit trail this took me down very enlightening.
    Taking a break from social media.

How much do you think SIG paid for those commercials?

I'm not convinced. At all.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I haven't watched part 2 yet. No doubt these guys are certified badasses but the video doesn't flow too well IMHO. Not sure which gun Mike is using but it is not the current Sig Max that is for sure. Looks more like an AXG pro. Can't get on board with their "instinctive" shooting evangelism. Is it really instinctive shooting when you have had thousands of hours of training and hundreds of thousands of rounds of practice?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I haven't watched part 2 yet. No doubt these guys are certified badasses but the video doesn't flow too well IMHO. Not sure which gun Mike is using but it is not the current Sig Max that is for sure. Looks more like an AXG pro. Can't get on board with their "instinctive" shooting evangelism. Is it really instinctive shooting when you have had thousands of hours of training and hundreds of thousands of rounds of practice?
    My problem isn't with using the slide to confirm alignment of the gun on target. That's a totally valid method for shots of low difficulty. I reject that the Sig is somehow better for this than Glocks or any other handgun. And grip angle is more of a preference than anything else. If there were a big advantage to high or low grip angles, we would see top competitive shooters gravitating to that angle.

Skilled shooters often assume that they way they do it is the best, and is required to achieve a high level of shooting.

The most valuable thing I took from these videos is "use a gun that fits your hand".
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hey wait a minute I remember seeing this:

Mike is new to Sig??

Very well done infomercial.

Favorite: "It's how a gun should feel"

i love the comparison of the full sized sig to the G19 and then saying how good a G17 and G34 are.

I wonder what their team number was?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Hey wait a minute I remember seeing this:

Mike is new to Sig??
    They needed a time machine to go back and convince him.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My favorite and least favorite comments come within seconds of each other. DJ says, "grip matters". Ya dude. Then seconds later he completely loses me when he says, "if I pull this gun out of the holster someone is getting shot". No way dude! There are people who hang on every words these guys say because of their pedigree. You can't tell regular people that if they draw their gun they have to shoot someone. People will take what they say as gospel.

User Tag List