Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seekins Havak Element review

I have a Leupold VX6 2-12 on my Seekins Element.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thoughts on this versus a VX6?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thoughts on this versus a VX6?
    I don’t have a fraction of your hunting experience, so my opinion isn’t worth much.

I like mil reticles and FFP, so the Vortex checks those boxes. Top end magnification is excessive, but not really a downside to that unless the eye box is compromised by the zoom ratio.

When Leupold does it right, they make excellent scopes.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Got my Seekins Havak Element in 6.5 Creedmoor a couple of weeks ago. Put a NF ATACR 4-16x42 on it (nice, but heavy, at 30 oz.), and have run around 60 rounds of mostly Hornady ELD-M and -X through it at local range (indoor, and 100 yd max). I'm liking it quite a bit, and getting 5-shot groups under an inch (but not under 3/4", yet).

Question for those who seek light weight packages (I almost said "elements"), specifically the scope. I'm looking for something closer to 20 oz., preferably FFP, a zoom range near 3-15X, probably MOA (because I'm old, etc.). Also, a zero stop, dialable elevation (capped windage OK).

Locally, I've gotten recommendations for the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15X 42 (19oz, but it's a SFP); a couple of the Leupolds, etc.

But I'd appreciate additional thoughts. Lightweight, durable, etc.

Thanks!!
    The SWFA 3-15x42 is an FFP that you can get in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA and it comes in at 24 ounces. I have a few of them on Tikkas and ARs and they are good quality scopes. If I am not going to buy a Nightforce (money wise) I look at SWFA scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a Leupold VX6 2-12 on my Seekins Element.
    You get a custom turret made for it.

I've got a larger VX6 on one of my hunting rifles.
    It's an impressive scope.

My Seekins is an elk rifle, and in .300 WM. For elk hunting, I prefer a second focal plane reticle, because the reticle is easier to see at the low power I walk around on, especially in lower light. To 300 yards, I don't need to dial, which covers a lot of shots.

I’m pretty jealous. Element in 300 with a 2-12 sounds pretty amazing. What rings are you using? Sling?

@GJM @Clusterfrack @Lost River

Thanks for the suggestions. I have another (heavier) rifle that the Nightforce (which, except for its weight, I like very much) might match better. I'll check out the lighter Leupold, Vortex and SWFA models y'all suggested.

Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m pretty jealous. Element in 300 with a 2-12 sounds pretty amazing. What rings are you using? Sling?
    I’m using Nightforce lightweight medium height rings, 30mm.

User Tag List