Thread: Odd Request - Beretta Nano Detail Stripping

Site Supporter

Odd Request - Beretta Nano Detail Stripping

So, this is a weird one. A relative who isn’t really a gun guy has asked for help in removing the firing pin from his Beretta Nano. I’ve never put hands on one of these, but I’ve got some basic know-how and tools. Does anyone know what’s involved in detail stripping a Nano slide? I briefly searched online and basically only found info on field stripping.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    So, this is a weird one. A relative who isn’t really a gun guy has asked for help in removing the firing pin from his Beretta Nano. I’ve never put hands on one of these, but I’ve got some basic know-how and tools. Does anyone know what’s involved in detail stripping a Nano slide? I briefly searched online and basically only found info on field stripping.
    There are not a lot of parts to a Nano slide assembly, but it is sort of a fiddly jigsaw puzzle to begin the detail strip. Basically, you have to get the rear of the striker spring assembly either pressed in (or pressed in and then slightly outward) and get the extractor pin pressed in as well, after which you can slip the slide rear cover downwards from the slide and thereby proceed to get at everything fairly easily from that point (be prepared for small parts being released from compression). Not really a lot different than many striker-fired slides, but not as intuitive as some.

A movin' picture is worth a thousand words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw4Rm2Pf5Yw

Hope this helps.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    There are not a lot of parts to a Nano slide assembly, but it is sort of a fiddly jigsaw puzzle to begin the detail strip. Basically, you have to get the rear of the striker spring assembly either pressed in (or pressed in and then slightly outward) and get the extractor pin pressed in as well, after which you can slip the slide rear cover downwards from the slide and thereby proceed to get at everything fairly easily from that point (be prepared for small parts being released from compression). Not really a lot different than many striker-fired slides, but not as intuitive as some.

A movin' picture is worth a thousand words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw4Rm2Pf5Yw

Hope this helps.
    Awesome! Thanks! I was able to fiddle it apart. Apparently the gun is his 96 year old dad’s nightstand gun. For a variety of reasons I won’t go into here, his kids wanted it rendered inoperable. I would up pulling the striker spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Awesome! Thanks! I was able to fiddle it apart. Apparently the gun is his 96 year old dad’s nightstand gun. For a variety of reasons I won’t go into here, his kids wanted it rendered inoperable. I would up pulling the striker spring.
    I hope they're planning on telling him, or taking it from him, and not leaving him with the belief that he has a functioning firearm...

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post

Hope this helps.
    Reminds me of disassembling a Kahr slide.

User Tag List