Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affordable, sturdy leather belt

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Affordable, sturdy leather belt

I recently picked up this belt on fleabay. The leather is about 0.21 inch thick, a few thou less. It's good and stiff, unlike most "fashion leather" belts that one gets when not specifically shopping for carry gear. It's not really artfully finished, but shows reasonably consistent, even workmanship, and the leather itself is clean and even. I've been wearing it for a few days now, and it's settling in as comfortable and just the right stiffness. For $30, I think it will at least work well as an EDC belt for AIWBing a compact.

I like it considerably better (quality of materials and workmanship) than many belts I've seen (and tried) priced at $50-70 retail, sold specifically as gun belts.

AMISH STYLE ENGLISH BRIDLE LEATHER GUN BELT! 1-1/2" USA!! MADE IN OHIO! 12/13oz

There are many belts available on fleabay, but they are generally lighter weight leather, and quite possibly softer material. I took a chance on this due to the heavier weight, and am quite pleased so far.

Of course, it's fleabay, so YMMV. But just thought I'd share.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    My local shoe repair store also does a lot of leather goods.

I bought my most recent leather belt from them. Walked in and picked the color, width, and buckle of the unfinished bridle leather I liked. He measured, cut to my size, and finished it in less than five mintues and it cost me $60.

Money well spent.

Site Supporter
    Thanks! I ordered one in brown with a brass buckle. I sometimes get tired of the Wilderness/Mastermind belts I have, as much as I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    My local shoe repair store also does a lot of leather goods.

I bought my most recent leather belt from them. Walked in and picked the color, width, and buckle of the unfinished bridle leather I liked. He measured, cut to my size, and finished it in less than five mintues and it cost me $60.

Money well spent.
    I am north of Columbia but get to Lexington, what shoe repair shop location. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I am north of Columbia but get to Lexington, what shoe repair shop location. Thanks.
    PM sent

Ignore Alien Orders

Been using belts from Custer Custom Leather, in Columbia, Ky. for several years. His Original standard belt, I believe uses 12/14 oz leather, with nice stitching and free shipping, for about $50.
    One craftsman, turning them out to order.
    Full disclosure, no financial connection, but family.
    BUT, I really like his belts, particularly for the money.

Skip

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    Been using belts from Custer Custom Leather, in Columbia, Ky. for several years. His Original standard belt, I believe uses 12/14 oz leather, with nice stitching and free shipping, for about $50.
    One craftsman, turning them out to order.
    Full disclosure, no financial connection, but family.
    BUT, I really like his belts, particularly for the money.

Skip
    Bookmarked!

Bumped because this thread was useful to me.

Site Supporter
    Saddle shops make nice belts too.

Years ago I ordered a custom belt from a famous holster shop which unknown to me had been sold. I ordered it on the phone and requested an extra hole as I was losing weight. The dude said it only came with 5 holes. That should have been a clue. I objected, he complied, and sent me a belt with the last hole punched off center. I had a new puppy and let her chew it.
    Last edited by willie; 07-31-2022 at 01:18 AM.

User Tag List