Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable, sturdy leather belt

The belts here are US made, affordable, and last for years.

https://risingstarforgeworks.com/

It’s my cousin’s shop.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    Been using belts from Custer Custom Leather, in Columbia, Ky. for several years. His Original standard belt, I believe uses 12/14 oz leather, with nice stitching and free shipping, for about $50.
    One craftsman, turning them out to order.
    Full disclosure, no financial connection, but family.
    BUT, I really like his belts, particularly for the money.

Skip
    Are you privy to the differences between the Original and the Warrior belts?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I own two of these and have found them to be a great bargain:

https://a.co/d/fSGRhJ9
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Are single ply leather belts any more stiff when they are stitched? I am assuming that a 2 ply stitched leather belt is pretty stiff. Too stiff for AIWB carry?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Are you privy to the differences between the Original and the Warrior belts?
    Here’s what Titus Custer sent me tonight.

Original:
    Single layer, Intended for casual/EDC/work wear, approx. 12/14oz weight - with some variation from batch to batch, meant to be a semi-economical gun belt.

Warrior:
    Double-layer construction means highly consistent thicknesses - 12/14oz, designed to be a bit more dressy than Original, slightly stiffer than Original due to the layer of adhesive/and two layers of top-grain strap, two layer design makes it more expensive than Original, edges are slicked a bit more thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Of course, it's fleabay, so YMMV. But just thought I'd share.
    The price is certainly right! But now that you've had time to wear the belt a bit, would you say that this works as a gun belt just as well as (other leather) belts that are advertised for that use? Or is this another one of those no free lunch situations?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The price is certainly right! But now that you've had time to wear the belt a bit, would you say that this works as a gun belt just as well as (other leather) belts that are advertised for that use? Or is this another one of those no free lunch situations?
    I've been OK with it, but I don't have a ton of other belts to compare it to. It's nice and stiff, works well for a compact AIWB. I reckon belts are likely to be a pretty individual thing, though. The good thing about this one is it doesn't cost much to give it a shot.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Don’t know what your price range is but I really like https://agcustomgunleather.com/. They start at $80. I bought my first belt from the over15 years ago and wore it order my Sam Browne all those years with no problems. I still wear the belt today.

Also, the customer service is awesome! When I ordered my first belt, I emailed them to request some custom features. I got a call the next day to clarify my request and it turns out I was speaking to the business owner! He also offered me a deep discount on another belt that he considered BLEMISHED because the stitching wasn’t perfectly straight.

User Tag List