Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members of the intel community uniting to stop leaks:

Members of the intel community uniting to stop leaks:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-...to-stop-leaks/

I'm an amateur regarding this type of stuff, but IMO, since Obama's been in office, he seems to have been a liability-has he changed for the better/worse lately??
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

This is what you get when a POTUS brings all his left wing, moonbat, ideolog friends into his cabinet.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

What I always hate and it happens in more places than just the government, anything that starts ”speaking on the condition of anonymity because the person has not been authorized to release the info”. If you are not authorized to speak about it shut the “F” up. And I’m not talking about whistle blowers. It seems to have become the way of the world.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Another article that details the background of the group a bit more.

The president of Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, Scott Taylor, is a former Navy SEAL who in 2010 ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for a congressional seat in Virginia.

Calling itself "OPSEC" for short - which in spy jargon means "operational security" - the anti-leak group incorporated last June in Delaware, a state that has the most secretive corporate registration rules in the U.S.

It also set itself up as a nonprofit organization under section 501(c)4 of the U.S. Tax Code, allowing it to keep donors' identities secret. Spokesmen for the group declined to discuss its sources of financing.

Following the film's release, OPSEC's spokesmen said, the group expects to produce TV spots on the anti-leak theme that will air in a number of states, including Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina and Nevada - key battleground states.

Chad Kolton, a former spokesman for the office of Director of National Intelligence during the George W. Bush administration who now represents OPSEC, also said the group's message and make-up are nonpolitical.

I'm weary of any grassroots style organization that pops up during an election, aims it's message at swing states and hides it's funding sources.
    Last edited by Noleshooter; 08-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frady2001 View Post
    Another article that details the background of the group a bit more.

I'm weary of any grassroots style organization that pops up during an election, aims it's message at swing states and hides it's funding sources.
    Nice find and you're right. Ideally it should be a fair and clean fight from both sides, but I think we lost that sentiment back in....hmmm, let's see here, Rome? Or was it earlier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    I watched/listened to much of that video yesterday (slow day waiting for the phone to ring).
    I didn't need another reason to get spun up at the lack of honor and integrity of the executive branch, but, there it was.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I watched/listened to much of that video yesterday (slow day waiting for the phone to ring).
    I didn't need another reason to get spun up at the lack of honor and integrity of the executive branch, but, there it was.
    I watched all of it and feel the same way. I don't recall seeing a video recently that got me as mad as this one did.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frady2001 View Post
    ...when they're telling the same story that has been widely acknowledged as the truth by important figures on the left and the right, I'm not too suspicious.

The Obama camp has been leaking information like crazy in an effort to make Obama appear muscular and like he actually accomplished something. It's also been an effort to direct the public narrative away from the more unplesant truth which seems to be that people in his administration who take counterterrorism seriously maneuvered him into a corner in which he was essentially forced to say "yes". When it went well and we had OBL's leaking corpse with no dead servicemen, suddenly it was a political opportunity and he wasted no time trying to give himself credit for the whole thing.

Washington DC is a political town from top to bottom. Politics is everything. By gentleman's agreement the national security stuff is supposed to be kept out of politics, but when somebody breeches that wall and stands on the faces of people who matter just so they can look taller, even the national security apparatus can play some politics.

Ultimately I don't think this push will matter much in the long run. I doubt many who are inclined to view Obama's first term charitably will have their mind changed by some former secret squirrels telling them how damaging Obama's leaks are to national security.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Ultimately I don't think this push will matter much in the long run. I doubt many who are inclined to view Obama's first term charitably will have their mind changed by some former secret squirrels telling them how damaging Obama's leaks are to national security.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I've got a tattoo I regret that seemed like a great idea at the time, nice to see other people joining the club.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List