Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Federal ammunition subscriptions

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Why would I buy 60 boxes over a year from Federal when I can buy 80 boxes today from recoilgunworks for the same money?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Why would I buy 60 boxes over a year from Federal when I can buy 80 boxes today from recoilgunworks for the same money?
    Because you don't have 1K to spend on ammo right before Christmas?

The same reason someone would buy a vehicle with a 72 month contract. Looks good if you can stretch the cost out a few months.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-11-2021 at 10:38 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It happened to me with shot.
    When our club purchased several pallets of ammo it became cheaper than reloading.
    So far with metallic reloading I'm still ahead of the game by reloading but that could all change.
    I mostly shoot skeet, and we have been able to keep it cheaper, but only by loading less shot. 3/4oz od #9 is as many as 1-1/8ox of #7.5, and it makes it a little nicer to shoot in volume. But if I had to start all over again it would be a tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    So far with metallic reloading I'm still ahead of the game by reloading but that could all change.
    No matter how cheap 9mm got it was always still cheaper. Maybe only $50, but still a decent RoI on the equipment. And now it is again half, but only because the brass is free. But I would do it for free, at this point picking up brass is like a chicken eating corn.

But this program would be a good one, if it was the opportunity to lock in current prices. A fixed rate mortgage is a few tenths of a point higher, not 40% higher.

User Tag List