Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal ammunition subscriptions

Federal ammunition subscriptions

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2021/...iption-service

“ Federal Ammunition's new limited availability monthly subscription service, called “Federal Connection,” may be a glimpse at the future of buying ammo. Subscribe, and have five boxes of ammunition delivered to your door each month with a 12-month service commitment. Plus, shipping is free for all subscription orders.”

Site Supporter
    Sounds interesting, but I’m sure I don’t want to lock in paying $28/box of 50 for the next year.

Ammunition Futures, anyone?

Federal, and their parent company, trying to lock in peak pricing for as long as possible. What a surprise.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Anyone else think this makes sense if their internal analytics are predicting a price collapse?

ETA: ^^^What he said. (I had the browser window open awhile before responding, apparently.)

On the other hand, I'd be considering it if LE133 00 was on the menu.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If this was coming about at the beginning of the shortage, I could see folks jumping on it. Now, not so much. Prices have flattened out a lot, but are still creeping down. No way I'd lock in at their current pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Prices have flattened out a lot, but are still creeping down.
    Remington is operational again...

Just received my shipment from Norma at half the price. Me thinks not.....
    Taking a break from social media.

A subscription may provide some security for supply given another rush. But, I'm seeing shelves are full of 9mm at $15-$20 a box (50) and lesser quantities of 40/45 for a bit more. We'll see 9mm on shelves for .25/rd in places by March.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    A subscription may provide some security for supply given another rush. But, I'm seeing shelves are full of 9mm at $15-$20 a box (50) and lesser quantities of 40/45 for a bit more. We'll see some 9mm for .25/rd on the shelf in places by March.
    I'm not sure you can count on it as security for supply. How do we know they won't cancel/pause the subscription if supply dries up?

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm not sure you can count on it as security for supply. How do we know they won't cancel/pause the subscription if supply dries up?
    Yep, that's why I said "may."

In addition to other methods, we do the "one box rule" in my house. When you're shopping somewhere that also sells ammo, pick up one box of something useful. Minimal effort, easy on the pocket.

Variation: "One mag rule" when you're ordering at Midway/Big Tex/Brownells/etc.

Some just experienced their first market shortage/surge. Learning should have occurred, and there are no further excuses.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List