Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romeo4T experiences

Ive heard the 4T sucks under nods. Can anyone verify or debunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Ive heard the 4T sucks under nods. Can anyone verify or debunk?
    Even at it's lowest setting it's a bit bright for passive in a very dim environment. It's not terrible with the NODs gain in the lower half of adjustment, but in very low ambient conditions where the gain is up, it'd be nice to have another click or two dimmer on the 4T. For this reason I generally put my PVS-14 on support side eye. No experience with bino-nods.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I have come around to them after being issued one. Haven’t used them passively through NODs tho.

Mine arrived today. I’m impressed so far.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We’ve fielded them on around a dozen MPX sub guns and have not encountered any problems with the 4T. Each MPX has between 1,500 and 5,000 rounds down the barrel and the training guns are not babied in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    We’ve fielded them on around a dozen MPX sub guns and have not encountered any problems with the 4T. Each MPX has between 1,500 and 5,000 rounds down the barrel and the training guns are not babied in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be more worried about the durability of the MPXs than the optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The ROMEO4T didn’t work out on the CROM, but was impressive enough on my Rattler in a Reptilia lower 1/3 mount that I ended up duplicating the Rattler’s RDS, mount and BUIS for the Scorpion. I wish I could say I’ve shot the piss out of them, but with the current ammunition availability situation being what it is I had to go all Boeing and make an informed decision based on limited testing. The SIG warranty on these is bulletproof, so I’m not particularly worried.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have a Aimpoint Comp M4 and the SIG 4T. I've thoroughly tested the Aimpoint but only sighted in the SIG. I like the Aimpoint better for it larger tube but there is no getting around that the SIG is damm good and much smaller and lighter. Both dots crisp to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ICE SRT swapped out Aimpoint H-1s for Romeo 4T’s a few months ago. They are also coming on the Sigg MPX submachineguns that we are requiring. So far so good.

When you order make sure you get the circle that model not the cross reticle model.

If you take a close look at the photos of the lone SAS operators who intervened in the second Nairobi mass shooting you will see his issued rifle is equipped with a Romeo 4T.

My experience with the predecessor of the 4T, the 4M has generally been good. As noted the factory supplied mount on the 4M was kind of cheap and known to have issues. Both Romeo 4 models Fit in point micro mouse so upgrading them out it’s pretty easy.

The only issue you might have is the CROM mount can be difficult to use with optics that are longer than the Aimpoint micro series. You have to mount the site to the CRM and then mount the CRM to the shotgun. If the forward part of the optic is too long it will block the front mounting screw.
    I'm thinking of picking up another one to replace the Holosun 510 on my 516. The circle plex reticle can be had for significantly less than the circle dot. I'm curious as to your preference for the circle dot-is the circle plex just too busy or is there something else?
    Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up another one to replace the Holosun 510 on my 516. The circle plex reticle can be had for significantly less than the circle dot. I'm curious as to your preference for the circle dot-is the circle plex just too busy or is there something else?
    Thanks
    Just preference and what I’m used to.

The human I like circles but if you get a deal on the Plex I don’t think it’ll get you killed in the streets.

User Tag List