Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romeo4T experiences

Romeo4T experiences

I’m thrashing with optics choices for two guns - a 1301T with an Aridus CROM, and a SIG Rattler. The Romeo4T keeps popping up in my analysis, I really like the circle dot reticle as opposed to the simple dot I’d get with an Aimpoint. It seems to be US made and has a lifetime warranty. One of the instructors at the SIG Academy suggested it over any of the other Romeo4 models. For the Rattler, I would probably put it in a ANVL UKON.

Does anyone have a decent amount of experience with these that can offer an opinion? @GJM , I think your Rattler came with one?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m thrashing with optics choices for two guns - a 1301T with an Aridus CROM, and a SIG Rattler. The Romeo4T keeps popping up in my analysis, I really like the circle dot reticle as opposed to the simple dot I’d get with an Aimpoint. It seems to be US made and has a lifetime warranty. One of the instructors at the SIG Academy suggested it over any of the other Romeo4 models. For the Rattler, I would probably put it in a ANVL UKON.

Does anyone have a decent amount of experience with these that can offer an opinion? @GJM , I think your Rattler came with one?
    I put an Aimpoint micro on the Rattler right away. Think the Sig is on a 9mm PCC pistol that I haven’t shot enough to form an opinion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I picked one up slightly used on the Sig board a couple months ago. I've had it to the range once to sight in on my 9" MCX Virtus 300, so certainly not extensive experience. I will say that it's hell for stout and plenty bright although the NC sun at midday isn't like AZ at high noon, I don't guess. I like the circle dot reticle and one has ranging dots or BDC of some sort, but I've yet to find documentation that says what they actually represent. When I get back to the range I'm going to experiment and see if any of them give me a 50 yd zero with subsonic with the center dot zeroed for supersonic at 100 yards. On paper it's an impressive optic and comes with clear flip down covers and a killflash which is a nice touch.

I’ve got a fleet of about 25 of them in daily use banging around in cars for about 2 years, plus another year before for swat guns. No issues to report, although the mounts for the previous 4m models sucked.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Turns out the third dot is pretty much dead nuts on with 200 grain subsonic at 100 yards. I ran out of daylight so I didn't get a chance to try the 50 yard range.Name:  20211210_165723.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  27.8 KB

Ok, that’s enough positive reinforcement to get me to order one while the prices are good. I’ll check it on the CROM temporarily to be sure the height is ok and then mount it on the Rattler, then order a second if all is ok. It’s really a pain finding circle dot reticles. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    ICE SRT swapped out Aimpoint H-1s for Romeo 4T’s a few months ago. They are also coming on the Sigg MPX submachineguns that we are requiring. So far so good.

When you order make sure you get the circle that model not the cross reticle model.

If you take a close look at the photos of the lone SAS operators who intervened in the second Nairobi mass shooting you will see his issued rifle is equipped with a Romeo 4T.

My experience with the predecessor of the 4T, the 4M has generally been good. As noted the factory supplied mount on the 4M was kind of cheap and known to have issues. Both Romeo 4 models Fit in point micro mouse so upgrading them out it’s pretty easy.

The only issue you might have is the CROM mount can be difficult to use with optics that are longer than the Aimpoint micro series. You have to mount the site to the CRM and then mount the CRM to the shotgun. If the forward part of the optic is too long it will block the front mounting screw.

I have one on a SIG MPX (the 16" PCC model) with about 1000 rounds of mileage. Retains zero, haven't replaced the battery since installing it about a year ago. I haven't subjected it to any kind of field use that would test the optic's durability - it leads a relatively sheltered life. Mount is okay. I think it is USA assembled, but foreign sourced parts.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think it is USA assembled, but foreign sourced parts.
    Yes, I know that was true of it’s predecessor the 4M.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When you order make sure you get the circle that model not the cross reticle model…

The only issue you might have is the CROM mount can be difficult to use with optics that are longer than the Aimpoint micro series. You have to mount the site to the CRM and then mount the CRM to the shotgun. If the forward part of the optic is too long it will block the front mounting screw.
    I searched by item number and description and was careful because search engines will happily serve up other models no matter how tightly you write the query. When I’m king, SEO will be a capital offense. It’s the potential CROM fit issue that kept me from ordering two right away, if it doesn’t work I may grab one of the sale priced T1s for the 1301 - but I really want circle dot.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think it is USA assembled, but foreign sourced parts.
    That’s our new normal, I think. It’s still better than being completely built in PRC.
    Ken

User Tag List