Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Gen 3 Glocks

2021 Gen 3 Glocks

So being stuck in California we are limited to what is on California's handgun roster for new handguns or pay a premium (double to triple the retail) for used off roster handguns. Anyways, I was checking out some freshly made Gen 3 G17 and G19's today and I was very impressed with the barrel fit plus the triggers were very good IMO. I've decided to pick one up since I just want a full size handgun for the house without getting Epsteined on the price and all I own is compact and smaller right now. Ultimately I want a G45 but don't want to pay $1,200-1,500.00 right now used since I can swap slides with my G5 G19 MOS (I paid $1,500.00).

I'm hoping this Gen 3 17 performs well, or else it will cost the same as the G45 when all is said and done

I have a gen3 17 and 19. Both were bought used as former police trades. Both work fine and I've been using the 17 as a training class gun for a few years now. That being said they are gen3 when gen3 was the latest gen. Both early 00s

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I carried a Gen 3 17 for years, great guns.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    my doublestack 9mm glocks are a 50/50 mix of gen3/gen4, really not tempted to replace them. Quite happy over many many thousands of rounds

I’ve owned about 30 different Glocks of 3rd, 4th, slimline and 5th Generation. I should have specified that the currently built Gen 3’s tolerances feel significantly improved over my handful of old Gen 3’s I’ve owned years ago.

Sorry for the confusion.

FWIW, I bought one of the Lipsey P80 reissues when they came out—which is pretty much just a new Gen 3 G17 internally. It’s been great. Very reliable and easy to run. With a gadget and a - connector, I like the trigger better than my G45. Granted, there are some great things about the G45, 19X, and other full size Gen 5s (eg. the grip textures, sights, etc.) but if all I had access to was current production Gen 3s, it wouldn’t bother me a bit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I bought a Gen3 G26 this year, and found its trigger stroke to be the smoothest of any noew-in-box Glock I had ever bought, among multiple samples, each, of Generations 3, 4, and 5.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

There are a lot of Gen 3 Glocks for sale here. I even saw a new G3 34 last weekend. If I had to choose between a Gen 3 and a Gen 5 at almost three times the price I would pick a Gen 3 every time. Gen 5’s are good but not $1500 good.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have a Gen 3 G17, G19 and G21. They al shoot extremely well, were vetted years ago, have very nice triggers (thanks in part to a combination of judicious parts selections from OEM Glock components only, appropriate lubriction/lubricants and actual use and dryfire).

Would I like a Gen5? Sure, probably an G45. Do I have a comelling need for one? Nope. Are my Gen 3s obscelescent? Hardly. They've earned their position im my holsters for duty, EDC, home defense, and wilderness use.

Best, Jon

If Glock didn't come out with gen5 I would still be rocking my 19.3. I saw no reason to switch to gen4 on purpose. (Excluding any awesome deals) But 5 finally introduced fully ambi controls, and really that's the only reason I switched. Picked up a 17, 19, and 19X. Was carrying the 19 for a bit but have since moved to 19X and thinking of replacing it with the 45

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List