Thread: New Springfield saint rifle

New Springfield saint rifle

This showed up in my email. Seems like an interesting take on the monolithic receiver idea. The elite model has a larue mbt trigger. Springfield seems to be forming some interesting partnerships with larue, ballistic advantage, B5 systems. https://www.springfield-armory.com/s...-ar-15-rifles/
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I just saw that too. I’ll admit I’m interested, but unlikely to try one - I have too many ARs already.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Meh. That fore end looks a little or a lot wide. I am trying to slim my stuff down. Until I go integrally suppressed. But the Mlok forend should help.

Seriously. Seems like an interesting gun, but it doesn't do anything my current gun doesn't do now. And my next gun is an upper, not a gun, that does a whole lot more...

pat

Site Supporter
    I wonder what it weighs. It looks heavy for what it is.

I love spaceguns but even with that irrational drive, this feels like a solution in search of a problem.

I like monolithic but I’ll stick with my MRP.

Name:  85A59FDE-A7C3-4C5D-94BA-C41032CD60C0.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  46.6 KB

There looks to be plenty of space in that lower chassis system for larger calibers or different magazine types.... I could see this being an eventual vehicle for stuff running on 5.45 and 7.62 AK mags and some of the larger calibers using both AR pattern mags and AICS style mags with a bolt and barrel swap being all that is required.... This could be very interesting if it is further developed, but as just another "AR' pattern rifle it's Meh... to me.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    I like how they don’t list a weight.

They do offer a 100 yard sub-moa guarantee “for 3 shot groups shot with match ammo by a skilled shooter”. My Colt 6930 upper with non floated handguard will do that with an aimpoint. That doesn’t make it a sub moa gun though.

This is just a rebranded Drake Associates Athena receiver set.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish. I would never willing trade a 7075T6 lower receiver for what ever 6061 chunk of 6061 Al that is. That is just me tho.

Maybe they should be concentrating their efforts and resources on getting the SA-35 right instead of rolling out other new guns. But maybe I'm just bitter...
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Maybe they should be concentrating their efforts and resources on getting the SA-35 right instead of rolling out other new guns. But maybe I'm just bitter...
    I feel ya but......what has SA got "right" so far?

Kimber kicked ass with pistols that could shoot 50 "flawless" rounds.

Sig was all but dead with 3-4 models of pistols that were very good....

It's a business.

A High Power that runs is $2K+ Not likely that a mass produced one that the actual cost is $200-$250 is going to be anything like that.

User Tag List