Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCD/Gadget rebirth?

Site Supporter
    I also love the SCD, and never owned a Glock prior to being able to have one. All of my Glocks save the G44 have one, and the G44 only doesn’t have one because Tom never sold one for it. I think (hope) I still have a spare in my parts bin.

I sincerely hope someone takes up the SCD either as a primary product or as an accessory, but either way, maintains the quality and QA/QC Tom brought.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I love the SCD. Initially if I recall correctly there was no way to legally export them from the United States so obviously I don't have any but I must have tried them on guns when I was in the US or something because I developed a strong attachment to them.
    Now that they’re no longer regulated under ITAR, export to Canada should be easy.

SCD/Gadget rebirth?

There’s some combination of trigger weight and length of trigger pull that makes me feel like a SCD or external hammer is a good idea. A stock Glock is right around that line. A snubby with a 10# trigger can go in a pocket without concern. When I thumb the hammer on my P-07 on holstering, it’s mainly to confirm that it’s decocked. But a fully tensioned striker with a light, short pull really demands a SCD. I hope this happens soon.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    There’s some combination of trigger weight and length of trigger pull that makes me feel like a SCD or external hammer is a good idea. A stock Glock is right around that line. A snubby with a 10# trigger can go in a pocket without concern. When I thumb the hammer on my P-07 on holstering, it’s mainly to confirm that it’s decocked. But a fully tensioned striker with a light, short pull really demands a SCD. I hope this happens soon.
    Maybe another PSP like grip?!?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Well how safe is safe? Surely having an empty chamber is safer still. Or keep all the ammo in a separate pocket altogether.

It's not exactly like the difference between an unloaded gun in a safe with no one around vs twirling a cocked 1911 on your finger like in a western movie while downing a liter of whiskey.

Personally I don't care. Carry the gun disassembled in different pockets and have someone else carry the ammo. I'm fine with that. I'm simply answering the question of "why not have the extra layer of security"
    To each their own. I've carried Glocks (without SCD) and cocked and locked Colt Gov't Model on my agency's tactical team for years without a mishap. That doesn't mean that Mr. Murphy was never in the area...only that his attention was directed elsewhere.

Whatever gets you through the day. I'll drink to that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    An SCD changes my whole outlook on the Glock. With a the right propaganda I bet the masses can be convinced to look into them within a few years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Well how safe is safe? Surely having an empty chamber is safer still. Or keep all the ammo in a separate pocket altogether.

It's not exactly like the difference between an unloaded gun in a safe with no one around vs twirling a cocked 1911 on your finger like in a western movie while downing a liter of whiskey.

Personally I don't care. Carry the gun disassembled in different pockets and have someone else carry the ammo. I'm fine with that. I'm simply answering the question of "why not have the extra layer of security"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Your examples are not good ones, because they all involve compromises that would slow down one’s ability to put shots on target under stress. In other words, there are operational downsides to every example you used. On the other hand, the SCD doesn’t at all negatively impact one’s ability to deploy the weapon quickly and efficiently.

There is literally no downside to the SCD, other than the nominal monetary expense (which in the grand scheme of how much most of us on this forum spend on gun stuff is frankly trivial) and the minimal effort it takes to install it.

That is why many of us choose to use the SCD - it makes the weapon more forgiving of potentially catastrophic mistakes in reholstering, especially under stress, while costing us practically nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    That is why many of us choose to use the SCD - it makes the weapon more forgiving of potentially catastrophic mistakes in reholstering, especially under stress, while costing us practically nothing.
    Losing the ability to put a Punisher Skull or Hello Kitty back plate on yo' Glock is not exactly trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Losing the ability to put a Punisher Skull or Hello Kitty back plate on yo' Glock is not exactly trivial.
    Maybe turn it into a Pez dispenser.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe turn it into a Pez dispenser.

Bad idea... I'd start flashing my piece in public just to get at the candy.

User Tag List